Verizon Galaxy S III preorders shipping July 9?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Unconfirmed through official channels, this just hit our inbox.

Thanks, anon!

Update: Changed subject -- source now says it's changed to July 9. Added new image with the new date.

Reactions: BostonBeats88

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Galaxy S III preorders shipping July 6?

Booooooo!

I want it now! [/Veruca Salt]

Wonder if this is so they can announce and implement the tiered data.

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

That wouldn't make any sense for Verizon to do that. Maybe it's a typo? Does that mean they are on a one month back order? This is frustrating. :mad:

apemonster

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

At Bestbuy they were taking preorders today for the S3, sku 5717583 for the 32gb pebble blue. I walked into the store in Manhattan and hour ago and put down my $50 for the reserve which they put on a Bestbuy gift card. The first girl I talked said preorder begins tomorrow, but another employee said they started today and I was the first one. Now the receipt does say that estimated date of arrival is June 28th. I'm with Verizon.

Last edited:
Reactions: matt0715

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

does this ring a bell to anyone? july 7, 2011 = last day of unlimited data plans

not looking good

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
does this ring a bell to anyone? july 7, 2011 = last day of unlimited data plans

not looking good

Agreed. Not looking good for anyone who doesn't preorder to keep unlimited data.

My dilemma is not having enough cash to upgrade 2 lines to the SIII and keeping unlimited data. When I upgrade the second line I bet family data will be in effect.
Alot of people, including myself, will have to decide between unlimited data and a new phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think VZW hand was forced with all carriers releasing at same time. Given the likely popularity of the device, seems obvious VZW would link this device to people losing unlimited in one big swoop.

My guess is the SG3 will ship before July, but that is not what VZW would prefer.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So they are taking preorders a month before? F*** that might as well just wait and grab one in store rather than preorder and not be sure when you will get it. Especially since if I buy it will be full price.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've seen best buy is showing June 28th as the ship date. Anyone know if it's possible for BB to ship before verizon?

Wondering if verizon is delaying shipments past the change in plans.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've seen best buy is showing June 28th as the ship date. Anyone know if it's possible for BB to ship before verizon?

Wondering if verizon is delaying shipments past the change in plans.

I pre ordered at best buy and it says the ETA is june 28th. This document says BY july 9th, maybe they are expecting many pre orders so it may take a few weeks to get all the devices to the people who pre ordered? idk I just want it to come soon!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Verizon usually leaves us hanging on availability, period. I'd rather order now, with a promise to get it on the 9th, than go nuts everyday waiting for them to say something 2 days prior to release day.

I'm also willing to wait 30 days for a variant that will work on a fast and reliable network.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Verizon usually leaves us hanging on availability, period. I'd rather order now, with a promise to get it on the 9th, than go nuts everyday waiting for them to say something 2 days prior to release day.

I'm also willing to wait 30 days for a variant that will work on a fast and reliable network.

No doubt. I was planning to order tomorrow morning directly from VZW but seeing as there seems to be 2 different dates, 6/28 for BB and 7/9 for VZW, I am curious if BB can release the phone before VZW's ship date, or if VZW sets the release date for BB so that BB won't be able to release the phone until 7/9 as well.

Just seems suspicious that all the other carriers are releasing on 6/21 but VZW is delaying theirs until 7/9. And if they are purposely doing that to wait until the change in plans whether BB has to adhere to their strategy or if they can release it before that date and thus the 6/28 date.

I've always purchased directly from VZW but am wondering if it might make sense to buy from BB in light of the different dates...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech