Synchronizing the SG3 with itunes

JB01

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I apologize if this has been asked already, I have done a search and not seen a solution.

I am an iPhone user who is totally underwhelmed by the iOS 6 and the stale operating system. I am very tempted by the SG3 as it has all the features I'm looking for. Android 4.0 is such a huge step in the right direction that at this time Android is looking more and more tempting! A large concern for me is synchronizing my music. As an iPhone user I currently use iTunes. I know there is a program called double twist but that does not seem to support MTP USB transfers. They have been promising an update but it does not seem be available at this time. For those users who use iTunes, how do you achieve this?

Cloud services such a Google music won't work for me as I am often in areas that have no signal such a basements etc... therefore a true sync is the only way!

Thanks!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Take a look at iSyncr and see if that does what you want. It maintains your iTunes smart playlists as well. It's the one I use.

JB01

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
iSyncr looks good but only syncs playlists and the music contained. Is there a solution to synchronize my iTunes library or sections of it without needing playlists?

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Check and see how many of you music files are protected(has DRM), you can do this by looking at the file extentions. If its m4p then its protected and in that state only plays on itunes.

those files you can burn to a cd(audio) and then rip them as mp3's. Others may be mp4's or m4a's which you can just copy to your phone.

Thats what i did to get my music outta itunes and is now on my phone

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Look closer at google music - it is really great, and you CAN tell it to make certain songs or playlists available on you local device (dependent on your available memory) to have them when you can not stream. Double twist was a kloog for me.

Alternatively you can mount your device just like a drive and drag and drop itunes music folders from you computer to its music folder.

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
+1 on iSyncr. Awesomely simple iTunes->android music management. It really gets no easier.

iSyncr looks good but only syncs playlists and the music contained. Is there a solution to synchronize my iTunes library or sections of it without needing playlists?

@jongraytv - To work around this, just create a new Smart Playlist with all your music. It will update in iTunes whenever you add new music and choose that to sync in iSyncr. Problem solved.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Doubletwist :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I recall giving this a shot a year or so ago and it was super janky. Did it improve?

I'm a big fan of Google Music, I imagine it will be stellar with 4G!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Look closer at google music - it is really great, and you CAN tell it to make certain songs or playlists available on you local device (dependent on your available memory) to have them when you can not stream. Double twist was a kloog for me.

Alternatively you can mount your device just like a drive and drag and drop itunes music folders from you computer to its music folder.

+1

I tried double twist for awhile, but recently gave Google music another try...and I really like it. I have a huge music library on iTunes, and have never been satisfied with any of the android music applications. But Google music is proving to be pretty darn good, and very user friendly. Give it a shot. Its free!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I recall giving this a shot a year or so ago and it was super janky. Did it improve?

I'm a big fan of Google Music, I imagine it will be stellar with 4G!

With Google music can I buy a cd from play and then burn it to a disc ?
Also how much data is being used to play back your music ?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

JRTStudio

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

This isn't accurate anymore. iSyncr supports syncing by playlist/artist/album/genre/podcast over USB with our desktop software. So if you only want to select a couple of artists without making a new playlist, you can certainly do that.

Further, I've worked really hard so that iSyncr does support MTP mode. Note that some Mac customers are seeing issues with the Galaxy S3 over USB, but Google's own software does not work with it yet either.

-Justin

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to hijack a thread, but was wondering why when I upload my music to Google Music, some songs won't upload? They are all in .mp3 format. Also, why do some of them upload with the wrong album art? They are correct on my computer, but when uploaded they are wrong. The ones that are wrong have the album art of other songs. Very weird.

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I had great luck with iSyncr but now that Google's "My Music" is up and running smoothly, I have turned to it. Now I stream it from the google cloud (free service) and I free up 15+ GB of data from not having to store songs on my device.

JSids

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Agreed! After the upload time I'm finding it to be extremely convenient. Being able to freely download your own music instantly to your device is pretty slick.

randomdude

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
i've noticed that certain podcasts which contain episodes (ability to fast forward/rewind) have trouble being uploaded for some reason. however, i've never come across a time where a regular song file doesn't get uploaded...

J Da Bull

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I recently got the SG3.

I figured out how to make music go from itunes to SG3 no problem. However I downloaded a video from ESPN 30 for 30 on Ricky Williams. I dragged it to SG3 and it dragged and has the information and shows how long it is. But it says it can not play that file from that properties. It will not even play on my Window Media on my computer. It will only play on Quicktime and Itunes. Is there a way to fix that?