Ship Date -- What are you being told

amstaffdoggy74

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have had different dates reported to me by VZW CS Staff. A fellow told me last night that the phones were being released on June 29th. But another rep told me this morning the release date was July 9th. Does anyone out there have concrete info??? It kinda sucks that the other carriers are getting it next week and we have to wait!:'(

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Afraid to say that the official VZW word is being kept pretty mum and any reps probably don't have 100% accurate information.

I'm thinking early July just so I don't get my hopes up too early.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
All information prior to this said PRIOR to July 9th so it can actually be any time. I honestly can't imagine VZW releasing the phone 3 weeks after everyone else. Just my personal opinion of course.

amstaffdoggy74

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just don't understand why they would release it after the other carriers, unless they are thinking "share everything" will be making more loot for them... for people who didn't preorder and really want a Galaxy III

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
June 29th will be just as much "too late" as July 9th will. I think it honestly depends on supply issues at this point. My guess is they'll want us to get the phones the same time they launch in stores, plus or minus a day at most. If they get absolutely slammed with preorders, I can see them waiting until the 9th to make sure they have enough to send us while still sending a decent shipment to each of their corporate stores. But if they correctly anticipated the huge demand for the phone, driven higher by the new upgrade policy, they should be able to fill the preorders and still ship some to the stores on the 29th. They want a unified launch, but if its more than a few days behind the other carriers I can see them losing quite a few potential new customers who don't care about the policies but just want a GS3 as soon as possible.

That said, this is Verizon and they are known for making decisions that are senseless and infuriating, as well as delaying everything from phones to OTA's for reasons that are rarely made clear. I can't imagine they haven't already completed extensive testing before announcing it, but one never knows.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I suspect they'll be released about the same time as the other carriers. I suspect that the "by July 9th" date is to give themselves to elbow room in case something goes wrong. Remember the Thunderbolt release debacle followed by the Galaxy Nexus disaster? It seems like they would want to avoid another one of those. If they have them in stock and if they are ready to go I think they'll be out the door and on their way when everyone else is shipping their units.

This is my opinion only and YMMV!

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
"Ship Date -- What are you being told"

I'm being told that I'm an impatient child and I need to get my ass off of the computer thinking that my constant searches will speed up the delivery date. My wife said it will get here when the postman brings it to the door.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have patience i will never use. Every evening spent checking the forums, google the news, same answer no body knows for sure. Soon the goodness will come.

DJSgalaxy

May 6, 2011
Visit site
The good thing is that the courts did not allow Apple to include the S3 in the same ban hearing as the GNex. So if Verizon was including another couple of weeks on the ship date just in case the S3 was banned until Samsung made changes, they can now ship for delivery on the 21st like the other carriers without fear of a delay.

komatoez

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with 2 reps tonight. They both made it sound like all pre-orders would ship at the same time: on July 9th or 10th. I hope they were both just saying what they were told and that they're also wrong.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm sort of assuming they'll release it on the 28th. Some people are saying that's the date because the other carriers are releasing that day and it matches Verizon's Thursday release schedule.

I have no idea whether any of that is true, but I do know I have jury duty that day, so I'll probably be stuck in some courtroom unable to go play with my new toy. :)

carlosrey23

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I chatted with 2 reps tonight. They both made it sound like all pre-orders would ship at the same time: on July 9th or 10th. I hope they were both just saying what they were told and that they're also wrong.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly!!!! I just switched last night to VZW from ATT and pre-ordered my SGS3. The expected delivery date is anywhere between 9th -11th given shipping. right now I'm rocking a modern looking BB8130...It has made me that much more thankful of android!

XeeN

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Just had a call where the rep says the release date is technically June 26th, but that's when they will ship if folks pre-order. She said that she would expect people to begin receiving devices on the 28th.

Reactions: DianeR

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci