any disadvantage in buying from Best Buy?

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I am thinking about preordering the sIII from Best Buy. I want to also lock in my unlimited plan w/ a new phone, too.

Yes, I have heard that you might not be able to keep your unlimited plan through them.
Not sure if there is any merit to this...

But besides that, I want to purchase from Best Buy because they offer a better insurance policy. Other than that, is there any other advantage or disadvantage from buying from Best Buy?

I feel like, I dunno, Verizon frowns on that, or whatever. Has anybody ever had trouble dealing with Best Buy? Or a better experience from Best Buy?

Also, I kinda like buying from Best Buy because it's sorta like saying "HA! Verizon! I don't need you!" But I really do, for the service. but it's sorta.

anyways, let me know your experiences.

Thanks!

lynxy

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem with BB last year. I tried to change iphone 4 to skyrocket with ATT. They connected it so bad, that I lost internet connection. I have to spend 2 hours with them and only after I called ATT myself I found that they put data block on my line and it took another 30 min to get me back online. I gave them the phone back, upgraded my line to iphone 4s. This year I'mgoing to try S3. I go ATT only for this phone. I don't want to spend 1/2 of a day with Best Buy -ATT cs.

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Best buys the best. No restock fee. 30 day return exchange policy. Buy the phone and set it up yourself at home. Who likes watching the clerk open your brand new phone in front of you anyway esp if you want to put a screen protector or something on it instantly

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You will not likely be able to keep your unlimited data plan, if you do not purchase and activate before June 28. If you pre order from VZW you can keep your unlimited data, even if the phones arrives after the 28th.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: 9ks2k

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the input. yeah... i just kept going w/ verizon. just because of the uncertainty that best buy says they'll keep unlimited data, but might not be able to really keep it...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...rary-what-best-buy-employees-telling-you.html

the verizon employee knew that they were fighting for me, and tried to do everything she could to keep me on board.

i'll use best buy for accessories, then, and maybe my next phone.

this situation REALLY stinks. i HATE having to feel like i needed to buy this phone. I like making clear decisions, taking my time, feeling things out. i felt rushed into this, even though i know that i have until the 28th.

well, i can always cancel and even give up my unlimited data if the "perfect" phone comes around... which will never happen, right? ;):p

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the input. yeah... i just kept going w/ verizon. just because of the uncertainty that best buy says they'll keep unlimited data, but might not be able to really keep it...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...rary-what-best-buy-employees-telling-you.html

the verizon employee knew that they were fighting for me, and tried to do everything she could to keep me on board.

i'll use best buy for accessories, then, and maybe my next phone.

this situation REALLY stinks. i HATE having to feel like i needed to buy this phone. I like making clear decisions, taking my time, feeling things out. i felt rushed into this, even though i know that i have until the 28th.

well, i can always cancel and even give up my unlimited data if the "perfect" phone comes around... which will never happen, right? ;):p

Or just buy the new phone at full price and sell the S3 for a few hundred bucks and keep your unlimited data.

digitalzen

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't stream video, so unlimited data means little to me. I've never broken 2GB with my TBolt anyway. Anyway, you can keep unlimited data after the 28th. All you have to do is pay full price for your phone.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Or just buy the new phone at full price and sell the S3 for a few hundred bucks and keep your unlimited data.

so, i see on ebay it's going for like, $700 or more.

how much you think i could get for a 32gb white?

is that the typical price for a new phone, unsubsidized?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae