A Slightly Different Upgrade Question

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, So I am on my parents plan currently (doesn't make much sense to go to my own at the moment). I am the only one with a smartphone and have unlimited (hence why I am pre ordering the S3)

If one of them upgrades to an Iphone even before 6/28 will I be forced to a tiered plan that came out last summer, or is it just that one line? If this was asked in another thread please let me know, thanks

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
No, they will have the option of choosing from one of the current tiered data packages (2,5 or 10GB) for their line. Share Everything will only be an additional option for the time being.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, So I am on my parents plan currently (doesn't make much sense to go to my own at the moment). I am the only one with a smartphone and have unlimited (hence why I am pre ordering the S3)

If one of them upgrades to an Iphone even before 6/28 will I be forced to a tiered plan that came out last summer, or is it just that one line? If this was asked in another thread please let me know, thanks

Yeah, this isn't a "different" question at all. Search works wonders.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully I can explain it in an easy to understand way, because i can definitely see that VzW has made this about as clear as mud for users.

Unlimited data plans are the best, if you got it never let VzW subsidize a phone but rather pay full price. By my understanding, this prevents them from forcing shared data plans. When unlimited got canned, the next best was tiered data but with a concession from VzW giving double the data your paying for. I believe that too is gone. Next in line is plain o tiered data, followed up by the new shared data.

When a line is switched from a feature phone to a data phone, you have to select from the plans being offered at the time of the switch. Other lines on the account, how old the account is .... none of it matters. The only thing that matters is that specific line and whats available the day you upgrade. With that said, I'd highly recommend considering an upgrade ASAP to at least grab tiered data unless you're one of the very small minority who will benefit from a shared data plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol