Upgrade now at best buy and keep unlimited?

ColonelSanderrs

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So I pre-ordered at best buy. Seeing as how we don't know a date, and I would like to keep my data I was going to wait till the 27th and just cancel and pre-order through verizon if it hadn't released yet. But if I go and use my upgrade now and get a nexus can I just return it within the 30 days when the s3 comes out and keep my unlimited?

If so how does the process work at best buy? You use your upgrade for the first phone and they keep giving you your replacements for the 2 year price?

I thought I read someone is doing this but couldn't find it so sorry if its an old thread.

Thanks

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
So I pre-ordered at best buy. Seeing as how we don't know a date, and I would like to keep my data I was going to wait till the 27th and just cancel and pre-order through verizon if it hadn't released yet. But if I go and use my upgrade now and get a nexus can I just return it within the 30 days when the s3 comes out and keep my unlimited?

If so how does the process work at best buy? You use your upgrade for the first phone and they keep giving you your replacements for the 2 year price?

I thought I read someone is doing this but couldn't find it so sorry if its an old thread.

Thanks

I jsut came from Best Buy and am doing the exact same thing. My "issue" was my upgrade date was July 3rd, AFTER the plan change. I got Verizon to agree to allow my upgrade a little early. At the suggestion of the Best Buy rep, we did my upgrade today, and I switched to a Motorola Razr (they were out of the Nexus). Prior to this, i confirmed with the rep that their exchange policy is 30 days, as Verizon's is 14 days. He said it was. What I'll do is when my GSIII comes in, I'll simply go to Best Buy and do an equipment exchange to my SIII!

One thing he did point out though, is THEIR protection plan, while it's 9.99/month, it has no deductible, unlike Verizon's and they have 'loaner" phones, in the event I have to get a new phone. So, since I am not buying a case for my temporary phone, the Razr, I went ahead and got their protection plan. Whether or not I'll keep it when my SIII comes in remains to be seen, but I didn't want to take the chance of me dropping and breaking the phone in the 2-4 days I have this thing! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv