New order status showing - expected ship date 7/9

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 7:10am on 6/6 on Verizonwireless.com. Ever since I've had the standard message saying no info available at this time. Just now, however, I checked and it's the first time it has said anything different (I never had one of those funny dates showing). It says:

Expected Ship Date: 07/09/2012

So, I think we now have our answer. Whatever the date you were given as a 'by' date when you ordered may be the real shipping date. However, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed it comes sooner!

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Just checked mine. It now has a 7/9 ship date as well.

ngtzbt.jpg

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I found the same on my order status this morning. So I'm guessing if it ships on the 9th it will arrive on the 11th...1 day before launch.

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It's showing the later dates too. I have an order showing each date: 7/9, 7/10, and 7/11. My phone order via telesales doesn't have a date.

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Two of mine now show shipping on 7/9 (32GB W/32 GB B) and one on the 10th (32GB B). The third was ordered a couple of days later for my less decisive child. :)

I have older teenagers and this will be their first smartphone - much excitement around here!

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you order those on different days?

Yes. It appears to be whatever you got in your original confirmation email, with the exception of the 6/6 emails that were errors. I have 4 GS3 orders, all on different days. I can confirm it matches ;)

delldude405

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon never mislead you, they always said the device would ship by 7/9, so how is it bs?

Not flaming, just want to know what you expected.

I didn't expect anything until 7/9, but I thought products from infomercials were the only things that took 4-6 weeks for delivery... ;-)

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand how this is news? i've had that same screen from when i ordered on 6/6. nothing has changed.

When you checked order status the shipping date never showed until today (except for people who received those invalid dates). Don't know about you, but it seems like everyone else who ordered online is now seeing an actual shipping date for order status when you check your order status at verizonwireless.com

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
7/9 here as well and I don't know why anyone expected earlier lol. When has Verizon EVER released a phone early or released one based on what other carriers do. Besides don't you want Verizon's EPIC 1337 SOFTWAREZ????!!!?

Yea I am still half awake currently but just happy to see a release date. Can you guys imagine a Verizon Store on the 9th? Should be fun to get a couple lawn chairs and beer and watch.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Tell me again how im wrong!

Order date 6/6/12
Ship date 7/9/12 or by your theory 7/7/12

> 30 days

face palm

Here's where you're wrong. It should read pre-order date.

You pre-ordered it on 6/6, at that time VZW told you it would ship by 7/9. Amazingly, they are still telling you 7/9.

Feel free to restart the teeth nashing...

-Suntan

Reactions: aeboarderus