Post 6/28 Single Tier Line 2GB $30. True or False?

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Post 6/28 Single Tier Line 2GB $30.

Running along side Shared Everything plans. I have heard individual single tier lines have a $30 option for 2gb of data. Is this true or false?

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Post 6/28 Single Tier Line 2GB $30.

Running along side Shared Everything plans. I have heard individual single tier lines have a $30 option for 2gb of data. Is this true or false?

True, existing customers can choose either the new share everything plan or the existing single & family plans they have today. With data plans as they are today $30 for 2gb, the unlimited is gone.

Existing customers can keep what they have now after the 28th, but if you want a subsidized phone, and order it on and after the 28th then you will not have your existing unlimited data option.

All new customers are forced into the share everything.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
All new customers are forced into the share everything.

ok so how is a new individual customer supposed to pick one of the "shared" plans? Who are they sharing with?

I think what people on all the message boards are forgetting is that these new plans are only for group plans with multiple lines. People on new or existing individual lines don't have anything to do with this stuff . Unless you count the fact they will will lose unlimited and have to go with a metered plan, but they are still individual lines and dont have to pick a shared plan.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
is that the case or is the shared data all that is available as in share between multiple devices not family's your phone,your jetpack, your notebook, your tablet. one person multiple devices. Never got into the details with verizon just wondering if this is how it is.

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
ok so how is a new individual customer supposed to pick one of the "shared" plans? Who are they sharing with?.

Your sharing devices.

If I only had one line and one phone and wasn't going to add a ipad, or android tablet then I'd rock with a single plan without the share everything plan.

Bats

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to sweat it any more than i have to:) the new plans will actually save me about $60 or so a month anyway. Sorry about posting the wrong info.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
This is the first time I've heard of the new plans saving someone money! As far as I can tell, Verizon is increasing the costs for everyone while taking away options.

xemtra

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Your sharing devices.

If I only had one line and one phone and wasn't going to add a ipad, or android tablet then I'd rock with a single plan without the share everything plan.

so the people who are getting screwed the MOST are new customers w/ only a smartphone on their line? forced into shared plan? even though you dont have another device. horrid

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
so the people who are getting screwed the MOST are new customers w/ only a smartphone on their line? forced into shared plan? even though you dont have another device. horrid

The old Individual plans still exist for new customers. They're just not really advertised on the main page. When you go to purchase new service, the Individual plan options appear.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The old Individual plans still exist for new customers. They're just not really advertised on the main page. When you go to purchase new service, the Individual plan options appear.

You sure about that? Going through to purchase even a basic phone only brings up the Share Everything options.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You sure about that? Going through to purchase even a basic phone only brings up the Share Everything options.

Tried it earlier on a desktop. When going to the plans, after selecting a Galaxy SIII and saying I'm a new customer, I was given the option to select Share Everything or Individual.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
hmm..looks like they haven't fully updated the iconic portal. Selecting a galaxy sIII on the initial page and then selecting your device is the only way that shows the old individual plans. Also shows the old Nationwide family plan. Selecting any other device on the main product page seems to require a Share Everything plan.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Going through today it looks like the $30/mo for 2GB smartphone plan is still there, with the same $40/mo base line fee that they have always had. So, unless there are changes coming AFTER today, it seems like the single line plans are all keeping the same pricing tiers they always had (since the end of unlimited and the end of the 4GB-for-2GB promo). When is USA Today going to issue a retraction for that steaming pile of **** about Verizon's new pricing that they called "news"?

There are even news outlets still throwing out tripe like this (on a local tv news web site): "Verizon Wireless 'Share Everything' plan has begun: Customers on low-priced plans now paying more". WTF? Customers who are on low priced plans are paying the exact same thing they always paid since the new plan only affects NEW customers who come in and WANT the pricing scheme. I am not a Verizon fanboy or anything, but this is lying plain and simple. Verizon is even keeping the $40 for a dumbphone (under the share-everything plan).

edit: corrected $40 plan info

Last edited:

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Going through today it looks like the $30/mo for 2GB smartphone plan is still there, with the same $40/mo base line fee that they have always had. So, unless there are changes coming AFTER today, it seems like the single line plans are all keeping the same pricing tiers they always had (since the end of unlimited and the end of the 4GB-for-2GB promo). When is USA Today going to issue a retraction for that steaming pile of **** about Verizon's new pricing that they called "news"?

no one said the line based tiered data packages were going away. The only thing going away is unlimited data for those who upgrade their lines. The Share Everything plans are just an additional option for current customers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance