Apex vs nova launcher on the s3 because touchwiz sucks....

stephanb

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Just preordered the galaxy s3 on Verizon and want to know which home screen replacement to use cause I can't do touchwiz

stephanb

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure that touch wiz is not that bad cause since I been on the galaxy nexus I really don't want to go back....and thank you I did find it helpful

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I say go for apex launcher. Which I use in my gnex. Its smoother then Nova which was my previous launcher

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: stephanb

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I probably will check out TW for awhile to see how it is.
I also will probably at some point switch to Nova Prime ,that is what I am using on my GN.
I used apex launcher but prefer nova.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Since I have GB still, I Cant even look at them in the market.

I use launcherpro now, and I am looking for a couple of the features before I pick between TW, Nova, or apex. Can someone help me out?

1. Scrollable dock
2. Icon replacement
3. Hide icon text
4. Dock swipe actions.

Can anyone confirm those are present?

Sent from my DINC2: Electric Boogaloo

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't know about apex but I am pretty sure all of that is available on Nova

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't know about apex but I am pretty sure all of that is available on Nova

Is there a large difference in the two? I have read that apex seems more stable... But what is the benefit of nova for people that like it?

I would look this up on my own, but its not in market, and I am pulling 87/kbs per second on "3g" right now.... So, it would take me a year to pull up a Web Page.

klydefrog

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I use launcherpro now, and I am looking for a couple of the features before I pick between TW, Nova, or apex. Can someone help me out?

1. Scrollable dock
2. Icon replacement
3. Hide icon text
4. Dock swipe actions.

I use Apex on my Fascinate running AOKP build 40. It can do all of these things. I most likely will try the new TW on the G3, but anticipate running Apex on there as well.

Reactions: Prozak

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using GO Launcher on my Droid X. I will probably try Touchwiz initially so I learn it but am also anticipating using a launcher after that.

sosleadgtr

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

1. Scrollable dock
2. Icon replacement
3. Hide icon text
4. Dock swipe actions.

ya apex does all that, plus you can put 1x1 widgets in the dock bar with pro. I used both and I prefer apex. It seems to run smoother, less redraws and faster response time

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
In endless polls on XDA (and here as well) Nova and Apex on average end up in a tie. Sometimes one wins, sometimes the other wins. But they both seem to have pretty even user bases.

Only way to know which is best for you is to try both and then compare.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I like them both, they're pretty much equal imho. I used Apex initially for AOKP on my Razr, but soon switched to Nova because it had a few more features earlier on. Switched back to try Apex when Nova was having some issues, and Apex now has the same features. From what I hear Nova is once again stable and smooth, but I have my Apex pretty well set up and simply haven't bothered to set it all up again on Nova.

Honestly I find it very difficult to tell the difference anymore. If you want to compare the two for yourself, just set them both up the same and keep your launcher default clear for a few days. You'll find pretty soon which one you end up using more often, and go with that. But you can't lose either way, imho.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to point out that touchwiz on the S3 is not the awful thing that touchwiz on the S & S2 was. So give it a try and see how you like it first.

If I can hide icon labels, change icons, and have a scrollable dock in TW, I would consider it. I also dont care for the folder structure in TW

stephanb

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
i read about some of the new features on tw that might interest me but now that JB has dropped i might forgo that all together and wait for someone to develop a stable rom for the s3 and go from there.......

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
This nonsense that TouchWiz doesn't rotate its home screen sucks. That alone is enough to get me to try an alternate launcher.
Yeah, I'll try both and go from there.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown