wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Dunno about you guys but Im just grateful I even had a choice of color. Samsung could have just said: heres a black phone.. thats all you get.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Saw a dummy phone at BB mobile. I pre-ordered blue from USCC. That thing was straight up purple in their store lighting. If the real deal looks like that I will exchange for white and put a case on it.

stephanb

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
maybe its just me..... but i think white phones are girls or for guy that dont like girls......and like wearing handbags:-[

NCchrisSU

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I stopped by a T-Mobile this morning to see if they had a display for the phone in store... Sure enough they had a working Pebble Blue model... I can honestly say this phone is absolutely beautiful... The blue has more of a steel look and the home button is honestly not that bad at all... The pictures make the home button look way worse... This phone is by far more beautiful in person than in any of the pictures I've seen in the past 2 months. I'm extremely happy that I decided to preorder the blue for myself and the white one for my wife... when we left the store my wife admitted to me that now she is actually excited to get this phone (This coming from the woman that I MADE give up her flip phone from the ~2004 era 2 years ago to get the original Epic 4G).

Reactions: NightxFall

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Pebble blue is not black, nor is it white. Good enough for me.

It seems like black and white phones are like the black and beige computers of old... Just give me something DIFFERENT!

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I stopped by a T-Mobile this morning to see if they had a display for the phone in store... Sure enough they had a working Pebble Blue model... I can honestly say this phone is absolutely beautiful... The blue has more of a steel look and the home button is honestly not that bad at all... The pictures make the home button look way worse... This phone is by far more beautiful in person than in any of the pictures I've seen in the past 2 months. I'm extremely happy that I decided to preorder the blue for myself and the white one for my wife... when we left the store my wife admitted to me that now she is actually excited to get this phone (This coming from the woman that I MADE give up her flip phone from the ~2004 era 2 years ago to get the original Epic 4G).

My thoughts exactly. The pictures don't do it justice at all

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

bl024292

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Ha, if its purple im gonna be pissed, but still gonna be covered with an otterbox anyway, so does it matter? The white reminds me to much of an iphone, no wonder apples always suing samsung, lol.

CarFan

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the 32gb blue S3. If it looks purple to me, I won't care. I'll slap the gun metal ebay hard case I purchased for it and keep moving.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
As a chick who has a white iphone and had a white Bold 9900, I gladly took the blue this time. The white looks awful. Like a giant electronic tic tac.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

It's funny that you say that because the latest rumors say along with amazing speed the White SGS3 will eliminate bad breath. Take that you blue lovers!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Adirolfx

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I held a floor model at Best Buy Mobile today. Depending on how you held it, it had a purple hue. I figured that was because of the fluorescent lighting. And it was a non-working floor model. Front looked more black to me though.

Meh, put a case on it...:p

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
It looks different in various lighting conditions and can depend on what its next to and reflecting (it is glossy as can be). Inside the store the demo model I held today was absolutely a gray purple under the florescent lights, when I held it next to my black shirt however it looked carbon blue nearly black.

I ordered the Blue to be different. Whites been done to death. Its time to smurf it up.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Went with the fiance this morning to grab here Sprint GS3, to me yes the Pebble Blue is purple and pretty much everyone looking at it made the same comment.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I am actually color-blind so these threads crack me up. Keep up the good work everyone! :D

I must be colorblind too. Just got back from the Sprint store and while the home button did look purplish, the rest.of the phone didn't. Definitely has a unique look where the marble white just looks plain. Shouldn't have went there cause now I want it even more. Is it next week yet?

ravenwhale

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I love this thread. It is hilarious!
However, I did end up going to my local Sprint store yesterday. I had to see this phone in person. I ended up having a good half hour with the phone. The store was not very busy. I pe-ordered the pebble blue, 32gb. At various times looking at images of the phone on the internet, I would think I wished I ordered the white one. Now, after holding both, I am VERY happy I got the pebble blue. It is NOT purple. It is a nice dark blue. The home button IS purple. Kinda strange, but no one is going to be able to see that from across the room. So, no big deal. The white phone just started looking kind of blah after a while. I ended up selling a customer on the SGSIII after telling her the benefits of it. This is going to be a major upgrade from my current, original DINC that I have loved for over two years. Funny, after admiring the phone at the store yesterday, I noticed a display of iPhones. Picked one up, and after playing with the SGSII for a half hour this phone felt so dated. Like from the 50's or something. One more week! Like the previous poster said, not so sure it was a good idea to go there. Now I also want it more than ever. A lesson in patience.

strtgng

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Went to Best Buy and looked at the floor model for ATT and Sprint (they had both) - if you held it up and a certain angle and squinted, it could be interpreted as purple. Holding it normally, I think it looked gray-blue metallic. The buttons looked no different than the rest of the phone. Seems like a non-issue to me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance