Hate Blue GUI: Options?

kajdna

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

I hate the blue GUI! Strangely, if I pick the blue PHONE, then this diminishes the contrast with the blue GUI. Blue against white is even worse.

If I use an app such as LauncherPro and another for tweaking icons, etc. can I take the blue out of the GUI? How about GS3 settings?

Anyone else got a beef with the blue GUI?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I hate the blue GUI! Strangely, if I pick the blue PHONE, then this diminishes the contrast with the blue GUI. Blue against white is even worse.

If I use an app such as LauncherPro and another for tweaking icons, etc. can I take the blue out of the GUI? How about GS3 settings?

Anyone else got a beef with the blue GUI?

You would only be able to get rid of it by installing a ROM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: kajdna

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that there are any settings buried in there that would allow you to change the color scheme up. I assume you have a beef with the TW and that is only going to be resolved with a new ROM.

Could be something that grows on you too. For me, at least, it's a new OS experience and a new manufacturer's skin (Touchwiz) I'm gonna give it some time before I root the crap outta it.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm changing the blue asap since the blue pixels are the ones most likely to burn out/in. Thx samaung

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend just applying a theme for now. You'll want to deodex before doing that, then re-odex after for optimum results. I'm not the biggest fan on TW either, but as others have said, its a brand new device. Spend some time getting to know it as is, learn its exclusive features and see if any are useful to you, and learn how well it runs stock. If you jump right into a stripped-down ROM, you'll have nothing to compare it to, and won't be able to accurately gauge any improvement, and may miss out on features you would have liked.

BTW, is this based on actual usage of the phone, or just reviews? Until you've had it in your hand for awhile, I wouldn't do much at all to it beyond rooting, blocking ads, changing DNS, and freezing Verizon (not Samsung) bloat.

kajdna

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
My first N1 root was a fail, and I lost a phone I love. Don't think I'll try again. I definitely have "root and flash ROM" envy :-[

Aside from that, the N1 deal-breaker was that its usable internal memory was only a couple of hundred MB's and 90% of apps would not transfer to SD card . . .

This is a respons to BostonBeats88. Sorry. Couldn't tell whether the clickable boxes pointed up or down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo