Card was just charged!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I ordered 6/6 at 7:10am. I received an email from Verizon Wireless today at 4:26 saying 'my order is on hold' and ' your order is scheduled to be processed. Average processing time is 3 days'. I then checked my status and saw it had changed from 7/9 to 7/11.

I then called Verizon, because I was afraid a credit card change I made yesterday was to blame. Mv Visa card that I had used to place the order was shut down yesterday for attempted fraud (I travel a lot and Capital One seemed to thing the number had been compromised). So I quickly called Verizon and was told by the order department they can change the credit card information (only) and not lose my place in line, which they did. Problem is I switched it to an American Express card.

While I was on the phone with Verizon, I received an email from Verizon at 4:58 telling me the same thing the rep was - Am Ex declined the card (it's not me, I swear!) I switched to another card and the order was processed.

The reason for my writing all of this is to show 1) Verizon is on top of things and won't cancel the order outright if there is a credit card issue, and 2) if you use an Am Ex card, it is very likely it will be denied. I called Am Ex and talked to them about this. They said they find a lot of fraud with online cell phone purchases, so they hold the charge until they can contact the person. Well, by then it's too late. (and they never attempted to contact me).

Good news is now my Expected ship date went from 7/11 to 'not available at this time' and the rep told me now that my card has been charged it will be shipping shortly, although maybe not until Thursday because of the holiday. so it sounds like we'll have our phones by the weekend! Yippee!
What number did you call?

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You guys are killing me... I'm getting way too excited over this lol. I hope even though I have a 7/10 ship date, it'll arrive on Friday. I ordered on the 14th, the first day the 7/10 ship dates started.

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
They may be going in order by model, so all of the 6/6 16gb white phones, then to 6/7, etc, rinse, repeat.

Anyway, I ordered mine on June 25th, so I dont expect to see anything for a little while.
Mine is a 32gb ordered on the 6th. Account is still showing nothing.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Got up @ 4am was the girls first call of the day..6/6 fedex says ill have it by 7/6 also...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
From the FedEx site:
IMPORTANT!
Storms and wildfires are causing service delays in Mid-Atlantic states and Colorado.

That might cause some delays for people and might be why yours isn't shipped out right away.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
What number did you call?

Customer service: 800-922-0204. But they then had to get someone on the line from the online order dept. Were very helpful both yesterday with the change in the card and today with the Am Ex issue. the verified the second visa went through while i was on the line andI confirmed when I looked at my account online.

Now where's my fedex shipping info email :-\