[Solved]: How to Activate/Steps from 3G to 4G

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to post them anyway:

1. Do not power on your phone. If it is powered on power it off.
2. Activate your SIM card: Dial (877) 807-4646 from any phone and follow the prompts to activate your 4G LTE service.Have your Customer Receipt with you because you may be asked to confirm information from it, including the mobile number assigned to your 4G LTE SIM card.
3. Do not power on your phone yet.
4. Insert your SIM card and battery into your SIII.
5. Power it on.
6. When prompted to use Backup Assistant, say NO. BA is unnecessary bloatware. Welcome to the world of Android where all your contact info sync and gets pulled from Gmail. The General Help and How To Forum has stickies on how import contact info from almost every device imaginable. I also posted a sticky in the Introductions forum that includes links on getting started if you're new.

If you've already activated without the power off requirement -- good for you, but not doing so has caused me issues in the past.

If you already have a micro SIM from a prior device you can skip the above steps. Just remove from the old phone and stick it in the new one.

ned4spd8874

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI that these steps don't work for those of us having the activation issues. These are the exact steps I tried first with no luck.

hecubus1017

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I took mine out of the box and read the instructions. Going fron 3g to 4g, I knew it would be different. I followed the steps in order and it worked....imagine that :confused:

So you had no previous sim card? You used the new that came with it? I hope it's that easy for me transitioning from a Droid X. All these activations problems are scaring me. And still waiting on the FedEx guy. Oh..and did you keep your unlimited data plan?

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So you had no previous sim card? You used the new that came with it? I hope it's that easy for me transitioning from a Droid X. All these activations problems are scaring me. And still waiting on the FedEx guy. Oh..and did you keep your unlimited data plan?

I had no previous SIM card. There will be one attached to your paperwork. Just read the instructions before you turn the device on. You'll be fine.

Reactions: hecubus1017

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
DSCF2078-1.jpg

They even clearly identify Step 1 and Step 2

ned4spd8874

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Blue 32 just arrived, I followed the instructions, works fine. Old phone is a Droid X. No old sim card, unlimted data, from 3G to 4G. :D:D:D:D
Whoa! Flashback...one of my fist computer passwords was blue32! That was a very long time ago. Don't worry, I'm smarter now. But how about that for a coincidence?!?!

Click to view quoted image

They even clearly identify Step 1 and Step 2

Yep, I followed that with no luck. However, they must have fixed something because it's now activated and working! Yay!!! :D

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Blue 32 just arrived, I followed the instructions, works fine. Old phone is a Droid X. No old sim card, unlimted data, from 3G to 4G. :D:D:D:D

Did you upgrade or pay full price for the phone? They are not honoring my cousins preorder from unlimited... Telling him he has to move to share plan or too bad, so sad..

Sent from my DINC2: Electric Boogaloo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1