Verizon messed with the WiFi Toggle in the notification area

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You said 'they want to make it harder for us...to use wifi.'. That doesn't make sense. They should want the unlimited users to use wifi. That means you aren't using their network!

The percentage of people that will be using this phone with unlimited data is sure to be very small.

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why this would be different that what I've seen on other carriers. I don't like the fact that you have to go into the WiFi options to toggle it.....

Reactions: curley

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Obviously it's because they want to make it harder for us unlimited users to use wifi. Can't blame us for our data consumption, Verizon wants it.

;)

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
That is scrolled all the way to the left. WiFi toggle is not at the top like other versions I've seen in online reviews.

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
All the more reason to use the NFC tags. I'm going to have one in my house, car, and office. Rarely use WiFi outside my own house, so an extra step to turn it on at a friends place won't be a big deal.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Obviously it's because they want to make it harder for us unlimited users to use wifi. Can't blame us for our data consumption, Verizon wants it.

;)

You said 'they want to make it harder for us...to use wifi.'. That doesn't make sense. They should want the unlimited users to use wifi. That means you aren't using their network!

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Of course they do, they want you to get throttled so you will want to downgrade to a higher price share plan.

OH YEAH, adding a widget will work fine, but that still blows goats.

Last edited:

bigsaxquatch

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So can somebody verify this? Is it really gone, or do we have a "failure to scroll" issue? I'm constantly toggling WiFi, and having already gotten used to having the notification-bar switch on my ICS Incredible, I think I'd go mad without it.

Reactions: Ry

xoom_fan

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I would not be surprised if this was a "feature" and not a bug. I noticed a number of reports on wifi switching problems in the GSM SGS3 forums. this may just be the workaround that Samsung and Verizon decided to implement in order to prevent the bug in the Wifi toggle.

jbarrack

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
God Verizon loves to cripple phones ... They've been doing this for years.

This is why I left them years ago and will never go back again. How stupid to disable a WiFi toggle. The only thing it's going to do is annoy users like us who truly care about the full Android experience and know better.

Just don't get it.

seanh3081

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Download "Settings Profile" app. Best app out there, don't know what I'd do without it. I very rarely ever need to toggle wifi or bluetooth by themselves.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
That ongoing notification doesn't go away? Is there a way to disable it? That's a cause for rooting day 1. I hate when crap is in the notification area.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke