SD Card

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest if you use one from another phone that you copy the stuff over to your PC that you want to keep and then FORMAT the card. Then copy the stuff back to the SD card. Let the GS3 create the new file structure on the card. Otherwise, it can get kinda confusing. I have done it this way in the past.

Not sure it really matters, but I like to have a clean slate for a new phone.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest if you use one from another phone that you copy the stuff over to your PC that you want to keep and then FORMAT the card. Then copy the stuff back to the SD card. Let the GS3 create the new file structure on the card. Otherwise, it can get kinda confusing. I have done it this way in the past.

Not sure it really matters, but I like to have a clean slate for a new phone.

this is all new to me, please what are the steps to format. I dont have a clue on how to do this. I thought about deleting all my downloaded apps off my droid x before activating the new phone. Dont know if once I activate the new phone if google will autmatically transfer apps or not. I thought about starting off fresh, I have only paid for three apps so thos I wasnt going to delete. Any suggestions

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man, I ca n't help you on the SD Card format as I don't have the phone in my hands yet to go through the menus. It should be in "storage" under the Settings.

You should be good to go with apps. Once you sign into the market Play Store they should load right up on your new phone. I would suggest doing a factory reset on your DX once you are certain you are going to keep the SGS3. That will delete anything you have on there. Just wait to make sure you want to keep the new device or you will be stuck setting up yur phone again.