Skip activation?

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Try the four corners thing start in the screen that has u to touch here to start and touch all four corners of the screen starting top left.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured this out? I buy and sell phones regularly, thinking of using this one, but I have no sim card (coming from 4S) and want to be able to play with it a little before making my mind up. But I can't for the life of me get passed the activation screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured this out? I buy and sell phones regularly, thinking of using this one, but I have no sim card (coming from 4S) and want to be able to play with it a little before making my mind up. But I can't for the life of me get passed the activation screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why not just get a micro sim, it is free in store, online, or over the phone. They also have demo phones in stores.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Why not just get a micro sim, it is free in store, online, or over the phone. They also have demo phones in stores.

They told me that they had to activate the phone because if they give me a SIM card it has to be tied to an account. I don't want to activate it yet, just want to play with it over my wi-fi at home and see if I like it enough to keep it. I've never had this issue with any Android phone. All of the others I've been able to bypass it.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I weaseled a SIM card away from Verizon, but I still can't get passed the activation screen. It tries to activate, but gets stuck because the SIM isn't tied to any account. Anyone have any idea yet?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Would you mind sharing your initial thoughts/experience S3 vs. 4s??

Sure. With the risk of getting lambasted in an Android forum, I'll give you my thoughts.

Quite frankly, I miss my 4S. I love my Nexus 7. I loved my 4S. I like my S3. I don't LOVE it. Here's why:

1) There are about a billion different options. Most of which have little everyday use, if any. Sure the motion settings are cool, but aside from a couple of them, they are just fluff. I would have preferred them spending more time on TouchWiz perfecting it than messing with novelty motion tricks. Which brings me to my next point...

2) Glitches. Things like when you reboot your phone, your icons in your folders revert back to the order in which you put them in, regardless of how you've now rearranged them. Your haptic feedback settings not staying selected. You'll turn it on, and it magically shuts off. Weather sync settings do the same thing. Tasks refuse to show up in your calendar. Small issues, but still annoying when you see how much time was wasted on the motion settings.

3) Screen redraws. A small complaint, but I don't like waiting for my screen to come back when I leave an app.

There aren't TOO many issues, and there are probably some that I haven't listed here. But I do like it. I think a lot of my issues come from my OCD. There's just a little too much going on. It's kind of a hot mess at times. I think for my daily driver I prefer the simplicity and fluidity of an iPhone, and want Android for my toy. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Find someone with a micro sim verizon phone, and borrow their activated sim. Other than that, start a line of service, activate phone, and cancel on same day. Total charge should be less than $5
Ok, so I weaseled a SIM card away from Verizon, but I still can't get passed the activation screen. It tries to activate, but gets stuck because the SIM isn't tied to any account. Anyone have any idea yet?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

You have to go to Verizon's website, log into your account, and choose 'activate a device' (or something like that. When you do, it will ask for the sim information, which you then have to put in. After that, it will activate through the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not needed if you have an active micro sim, simply do a straight swap.

You have to go to Verizon's website, log into your account, and choose 'activate a device' (or something like that. When you do, it will ask for the sim information, which you then have to put in. After that, it will activate through the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought to skip activation on the S3 was :
Bottom left corner
Bottom right corner
Bottom left corner
Bottom right corner
Volume up

Trending Posts