OT Extreme Waiting for this Phone

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who is expecting Fedex to deliver his to his house tomorrow. He and his wife aren't going to be home, and he doesn't trust leaving a signature note on the front door, so he's paying some teenage girl from the neighborhood who usually babysits his kids to sit at his house and wait for it.

He's going to pay her $50. He wanted her to sit on the front porch all day -- no bathroom breaks or lunch -- but his wife said that's too hot and inhumane.

I hate to think what would happen if that poor kid somehow misses the Fedex guy. :D

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
unless your friend lives in the sticks, wouldn't it be easier to drive to a FedEx facility to pick up the phone?

Exactly. Why not just go pick it up at the fed ex facility when they return in the evening to avoid paying extra money and having a girl sit out there in that weather.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
No can do. They work late, and they're going on vacation Saturday. He's not going to miss this window of opportunity.

I volunteered to wait for free, but I think he's afraid that I'll steal the phone until my own arrives. Which I would.

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm calling in sick for work tomorrow just so I can get my phone. They'll be fine without me @ work tomorrow. I live by myself. The overprice rental office will not accept packages for tenants. So i'm chillin patiently waiting. Really thought I would get lucky and have it come in today.

Also was hoping it was UPS and not FEDx. If i miss UPS I can still get that package that same night

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay