Anyone tested their 4G SPEEDS on the S3?

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Check the thread title, "anyone test their 4g speeds on the s3." Seems specific to the s3 to me.

Also, this is the Verizon gs3 section of the forums.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quick question. What does your phone have to do with 4G speeds?

Sent from my LG-F160S, LG Optimus LTE 2

KenA

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Because if I was interested in your LG, I would have posted topic in an LG forum (or a more generic category)..... Sorry not trying to be ugly. Just answering the question.

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Check the thread title, "anyone test their 4g speeds on the s3." Seems specific to the s3 to me.

Also, this is the Verizon gs3 section of the forums.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Well since my phone isn't available in the US or any English speaking country, under your principle I'm not allowed to post anywhere. Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to register.

Don't tell me my phone will be soon available in the US. It won't. My phone has 2GB of ram, not one, like the rumored US version.

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I live in the heart of St. Louis Mo and my speeds down rite suck. I got better with my Sprint Wimax. I have tried inside and outside, In open spaces and around buildings. My average speeds are about 2 Mbps down and 2.5 mbps up.

T_Virus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
At work I'm hitting 25Mbps download and 11.38Mbps upload but at home i'm only getting 1.80Mbps to 8.07Mbps download and 0.43Mbps to 2.35Mbps upload. Home doesn't get that good of a signal and I'm with Verizon.

cusco

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Got a range of 5 to 14mbps download and 9 to 10 mbps upload.

Was also wondering why server is way out of my area range?
It say that I'm closer to Kansas then my home in Denver. Lol

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Well since my phone isn't available in the US or any English speaking country, under your principle I'm not allowed to post anywhere. Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to register.

Don't tell me my phone will be soon available in the US. It won't. My phone has 2GB of ram, not one, like the rumored US version.

This thread is specifically to see what the S3's LTE radio is pulling.

From a bystander's perspective, it's puzzling why you're even in this section of the forum, let alone talking about the speed of wi-fi in South Korea.

Reactions: droidtime

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I just popped my SIM car back into my nexus and tested the speeds. I got like 3 mbps down 1 up. On my S3 I got around 10 mbps down 11 up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
This thread is specifically to see what the S3's LTE radio is pulling.

From a bystander's perspective, it's puzzling why you're even in this section of the forum, let alone talking about the speed of wi-fi in South Korea.

Let me rephrase my previous response. I'm here because I don't want to talk to myself in some dark forgotten part of the forum because I'm cursed with an awesome international phone the US will never see. Sorry for bothering you. I'll go back to the hole I crawled out of.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Let me rephrase my previous response. I'm here because I don't want to talk to myself in some dark forgotten part of the forum because I'm cursed with an awesome international phone the US will never see. Sorry for bothering you. I'll go back to the hole I crawled out of.

There's no problem with you posting in other forums if you have something constructive to contribute to the threads in that forum. The problem is that you're coming off as a d!@%. It's perfectly fine for you to post your 4g speeds, but adding that your phone is better than the US version, or that Korea has the fastest internet in the world, helps no one here in this thread. We just got our GS3s, that have 2GB of RAM, so it does not matter if the US version of your phone only has 1GB. We probably wouldnt buy it anyway. Have a great day :D

Reactions: droidtime

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sitting at a Perkins yesterday having breakfast...

Screenshot_2012-07-22-08-41-49-1.png

-Suntan

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I had my tb for some time and could NEVER break the 30mbps barrier, and i had 3 or 4 tb, so I know that it was not a defect in my phone. Both my rez and s3 were able to break the 60mbps barrier. This is with many tests throughout multiple days at the same location. There are other phones that get good speeds, others not as good. These are generalizations of course, based on the testament of those who have had multiple phones as well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Sure, you can post your opinion, it's a free country (well, at least the US is, which is where the Verizon gs3 is sold, and this being a Verizon gs3 forum and all). But please, keep it related to the Verizon gs3. if you wish to discuss rumored phones, then there is a forum for that.

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Why do you people continue to test speeds using wifi? Forget that, it means nothing

What you should be testing is how 4 G compares to your 3G speeds on a daily basis using sites like CNN or anything with lots of text and graphics. I can tell you for a fact that in real world day to day web browsing, my Verizon iPhone 4s spanks the galaxy loading up full sites. And when using the reader option, by the time I read from the iPhone reader, the galaxy reader barely finishes its format. Pathetic.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why do you people continue to test speeds using wifi? Forget that, it means nothing

What you should be testing is how 4 G compares to your 3G speeds on a daily basis using sites like CNN or anything with lots of text and graphics. I can tell you for a fact that in real world day to day web browsing, my Verizon iPhone 4s spanks the galaxy loading up full sites. And when using the reader option, by the time I read from the iPhone reader, the galaxy reader barely finishes its format. Pathetic.

I tried to compare the 4s with my rezound over mobile data. Rezound was faster most of the time. Of course, we are comparing a 4g vs 3g phone. With regards to your gs3, make sure that it is in iPhone mode(some browsers have this option) , and disable flash.