SD Card and Music Squares - Won't Work

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
So all my music is on my SD Card, and it's not seeing any of it. Now my artist and albums show the music, and I can play the music just fine in the Samsung music player. However when I do the Squares, I am told each of the squares is empty. I saw in a forum post online that if you did the settings -> Update library it would work, but i'm still not able to get the squares to work.

Anyone else having this issue?

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded songs to the phone itself, to see if that made a difference. So I've got songs on the phone, and songs on the SD card. So far, nothing in Music Squares is working.

I wonder if it has to analyze the songs first? Maybe I'll let it work overnight, and see if in the morning anything has finished....I've got a ton of music on this (use it as my MP3 player, so got 64 gig card full of tunes, and now more on the phone itself), so maybe it's just clogged up trying to analyze everything? Course I would have thought after a few hours, it would have at least a few analyzed and ready for the squares.....

We'll see if they show up later.....hope so, I've been looking forward to this feature.

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Music square has been a total bust for me..Most of my music is on the external SD and Id like to keep it way ideally. Has anyone had any success with getting music square to work?
"updating" library did nothing me for as well even though my music shows and is playable. If anybody has any suggestions Im all ears

Chris Kent

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised because it worked for me. I put it on a 64 micro sd by Sandisk. Once I updated the library all the music shows up in the music square, about 40 GB.

Chris Kent

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Oops spoke too soon. As soon as I left the house all the music stopped working. Got home reformatted my card and moved the music back to the card. Music Square now only recognizes some music randomly. I believe I found a work around however. Using a free app called "Playlist Maker" I selected the music on my SD card as a source and chose the music folder on the internal memory as the folder that will refer to the SD card (Works similar to a shorcut on a desktop). It seems now that the default music player is recognizing all of my music during a library update. Will reply if this solves the problem.

EDIT: Ok got it working 100 percent now. All you have to do is format the card to FAT32 not exFAT with 3rd party software and put the music back on. Mount the card wait a few minutes and do an update. I had it working with exFAT before but there are some compatibility issues with the S3 and exFAT that cause the phone to randomly forget how to read the music. It seems to happen when there are large amounts of files on the card.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon