The List of things Verizon changed on the SIII

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
That's a copout. Why should we suck up crappy devices from a carrier just because their network has the best coverage and reliability for our needs?

Verizon certainly has a superior network. However, the devices they supply are subpar. Verizon bundles two products together, the network and the device, and it's impossible to buy the two separated and actually vote with our money.

And now you are calling the Galaxy S3 a 'crappy device'???

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Does either of them offer unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE, or any 4g for that matter?

Maybe AT&T's old unlimited plan is throttled but its still unlimited. I've been throttled and I had no problem with speed. Streaming video was even fine. Last I checked, you can still keep the plan when you upgrade.

HSPA+ blows Verizon's EV-DO out of the water. Joke is on Verizon customers when AT&T's HSPA+ is getting me nearly 10Mbps down and Verizon's 3G is barely reaching 1Mbps.

AT&T's 4G LTE also seems to be faster. To bad Verizon doesn't have anything to fall back on.

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Everyone saying "It's your choice" is so stupid. Verizon in my area has excellent coverage. AT&T has piss poor coverage, we don't even have T-Mobile I don't think, and Sprint isn't really an option. Okay you're right it is my choice but why would I ever leave solid LTE for 1Mbps down?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I love how the stock answer on here now is "Get a Galaxy Nexus if you aren't happy"

Well have you ever stopped to think WHY we don't want a GNex? How about the crappy radio, curved screen is a gimmick, the processor is a dog, and onscreen buttons suck. Phones aren't one-size-fits-all. No reason bootloaders should be locked. I don't understand the reasoning behind it. So WHAT if people flash their phones. If they brick it, don't exchange it. Not that hard of a policy to make.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's a copout. Why should we suck up crappy devices from a carrier just because their network has the best coverage and reliability for our needs?

Verizon certainly has a superior network. However, the devices they supply are subpar. Verizon bundles two products together, the network and the device, and it's impossible to buy the two separated and actually vote with our money.
Ummm, because it's a "PHONE" and you want the best PHONE coverage???? You do still make phone calls with the device don't you???

dillon24

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
The thing with these big companies like Verizon and Apple,, Is they have so many million customers that you could never hurt them.. The only way to retake the market for the consumer is to boycott cell phones all together.. Kinda like if everyone in America would cancel their health insurance on the same day

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

See, the beauty of it is that you don't have to use Verizon. All you have to do is balance the positives versus the negatives and make your choice from there. It's called compromise.

As many of us have learned while growing up, you can't always have everything you want in the world.

Reactions: Ry and metz65

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like a company, stop doing business with them. Those of you who constantly complain about Verizon and then continue doing business with them look like total morons.
Dude, I am not trying to start anything with you, but OP has a right to feel "screwed over" by VZW. Sure, he could have worded the thread title different, but I think everyone should understand its context. The sentiment of most credible news sources and VZW's customers is that big red isn't consumer friendly. I would post links to perceptions of the new plans, all of the delayed launches, the "crippling" of phones, removal of NE2 & annual contracts. I'm not because a quick Google search or cruise through any cell forum will identify them. These items might not be inclusive of OP's complaints, but certainly support his verbiage.

In addition, to an extent, you have complained about: Amazon, Verizon and other carriers, and HTC. It's ok to complain, right?

Sure, he has the choice to do business with another carrier. We all do, but might only have one carrier that provides optimal coverage in their area.

Rather than everyone complaining about OP's opinion/request in this thread, shouldn't they exercise their right to find another thread? There are (good) mods here to keep things legit.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Dude, I am not trying to start anything with you, but OP has a right to feel "screwed over" by VZW. Sure, he could have worded the thread title different, but I think everyone should understand its context. The sentiment of most credible news sources and VZW's customers is that big red isn't consumer friendly. I would post links to perceptions of the new plans, all of the delayed launches, the "crippling" of phones, removal of NE2 & annual contracts. I'm not because a quick Google search or cruise through any cell forum will identify them. These items might not be inclusive of OP's complaints, but certainly support his verbiage.

In addition, to an extent, you have complained about: Amazon, Verizon and other carriers, and HTC. It's ok to complain, right?

Sure, he has the choice to do business with another carrier. We all do, but might only have one carrier that provides optimal coverage in their area.

Rather than everyone complaining about OP's opinion/request in this thread, shouldn't they exercise their right to find another thread? There are (good) mods here to keep things legit.

Only thing is this isn't a verizon forum and the OP isn't leaving verizon so it's falling on deaf ears. I think that's what many are saying.

Reactions: Ry

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
See, the beauty of it is that you don't have to use Verizon. All you have to do is balance the positives versus the negatives and make your choice from there. It's called compromise.

As many of us have learned while growing up, you can't always have everything you want in the world.

Did you read the rest of the thread, people that are complaining have no choice, they have to use Verizon

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Stock+

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The thing with these big companies like Verizon and Apple,, Is they have so many million customers that you could never hurt them.. The only way to retake the market for the consumer is to boycott cell phones all together.. Kinda like if everyone in America would cancel their health insurance on the same day
Apple's "antenna gate" is the perfect example of this. All you saw in the news was the failing antenna and design flaws in the iPhone. Barely a dent in their sales though...

ejatds

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't really get Verizon's logic. Their interfering with the device actually makes people NOT want to switch to them/renew their contract, no?

Obviously a missing wifi toggle isn't the end of the world, but it interferes with the device's ease of use. MAYBE Verizon will get a couple people to use more data if they're lazy (reaaaally lazy), but in the end, wouldn't it do more harm then good? What benefit does it do for them to lock the bootloader and annoy their customers by removing the most commonly used toggle?

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Those of you in this thread telling people to stop complaining and whining and to go to another carrier, we can't cause other networks suck in our area.

I've made compromises with Verizon. They got rid of ne2, got rid of unlimited (so I bought the s3 to keep it by getting grandfathered in), don't get too many phones besides their droid branded phones and iPhones, and some more. I'm not asking for a perfect network, all I want is my new phone to work exactly like I thought it would when I bought it. They didn't announce that the boot loader would be locked and Samsung didn't say anything either.

As for the nexus argument, that phone is also crippled by Verizon. Have you seen any other carrier load their software on a Nexus device? And correct me if I'm wrong, but the updates for it don't even come out on time. Not to mention the S3 is way ahead in terms of specs and battery life.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Did you read the rest of the thread, people that are complaining have no choice, they have to use Verizon

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Stock+

I did. Did you? I saw two people complaining about needing coverage in rural Nebraska.

No one else prior to my post specifically said that they HAD to use Verizon because they didn't otherwise have service.

Another person was complaining because, while he could go elsewhere, he didn't want to leave LTE. Others said they have choices, but Verizon is the best.

If you have choices and still stick with Verizon, then that's on you. You decided to make that compromise. Don't like it? Well...that was the choice you made. You can always choose to make another compromise and go elsewhere.