Verizon says no unlimited data on 3g Dinc to SGIII

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I truly believe if people stood up to crap like this Verizon would cave. THEY CAN NOT FUNCTION WITHOUT CONSUMERS! US! we allow this company to thrive if we switched carriers, pulled contracts, and protested what do you think would happen. They would pull this tiered data crap out of there plan. Verizon abuse there customers because they believe we need them! Just saying!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I am also coming from a DROIDX to the SIII. I called, went in to the store, and called again to confirm that I could keep the unlimited data-(and I have a recording of the conversation). So far so good. I am scheduled to get my phone tomorrow, and I have not had any messages to the contrary from VZW.

As a side note, I always record conversations with companies. Years ago I had a VZW employee make promises, give me bogus information, and give me a false name (long story). I don't trust verbal promises anymore.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The reason they have stated that upgrading to a 4G LTE phone is because they are phasing out all of the 3G phones. The current iPhones are, of course, 3G but I am unsure how many other 3G smartphones are currently offered. At least, I think that is what they were getting at.

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

MARQUISMARC

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I went through the same thing. I spent 2 hours on the phone with 5 different csr's and managers and got nowhere. I took the phone to a store later that night with my receipt showing I ordered before 6/28 and between the person helping me and someone she had to call to manually change it back to unlimited after the phone was activated, I know have unlimited data again.

monkeypunch35

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on the phone with Verizon getting them to pull their heads out of their butts. When I ordered, the CSR didn't transfer my upgrade correctly to my unlimited line. I am glad I called before I activated the phone.........

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Provide link to Verizon statement, please. Otherwise, don't spread misinformation. I have a 2 year contract to continue my unlimited. they can't 'kill all unlimited data plans' if you are on contract.

Well they can, they have a clause to let you out of the contract if they want to change it (you either agree or the contract is void). It works in your benefit (to some extent) because they can't get your ETF that way, plus they generate another pissed off ex-customer. Still, nothing is illegal about breaking a contract that has a termination clause in it. I do doubt that this is whats going on.

CTgirl509

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,
I just registered with this site, so I could post a response to this thread.
I have been a proud VZW customer since the mid-90's. I was grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan. Two plus years ago I purchased my DInc. On the evening of July 4th I placed an order online for my SGIII and at that time I was told that I no longer would offered the unlimited plan. Had I known that if I had placed my order prior to the end of June (27th or 28th?), it looks like I would have been able to keep my unlimited at least for another two years or until this next contract is up. So anyone who has been able to keep it - I don't think it will be forever! Sorry to say... My BF is also a VZW customer. He read had read that they were doing away with the unlimited plans somewhere, so this was not a shock to me. I went ahead and placed the order for my new SGIII anyway. It arrived today. It is charging.
That is my story. So you know. No more unlimited if you place your order after the end of June... Not a big deal to me as I practically live on WiFi wherever I go - home, work, out and about, etc. Good luck. :)

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Well they can, they have a clause to let you out of the contract if they want to change it (you either agree or the contract is void). It works in your benefit (to some extent) because they can't get your ETF that way, plus they generate another pissed off ex-customer. Still, nothing is illegal about breaking a contract that has a termination clause in it. I do doubt that this is whats going on.

That's only if it has a materially adverse effect and (according to Verizon) it shouldn't for at least 95% of the current user base. That said, they don't want to deal with the drama of outright changing existing contracts.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
I just registered with this site, so I could post a response to this thread.
I have been a proud VZW customer since the mid-90's. I was grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan. Two plus years ago I purchased my DInc. On the evening of July 4th I placed an order online for my SGIII and at that time I was told that I no longer would offered the unlimited plan. Had I known that if I had placed my order prior to the end of June (27th or 28th?), it looks like I would have been able to keep my unlimited at least for another two years or until this next contract is up. So anyone who has been able to keep it - I don't think it will be forever! Sorry to say... My BF is also a VZW customer. He read had read that they were doing away with the unlimited plans somewhere, so this was not a shock to me. I went ahead and placed the order for my new SGIII anyway. It arrived today. It is charging.
That is my story. So you know. No more unlimited if you place your order after the end of June... Not a big deal to me as I practically live on WiFi wherever I go - home, work, out and about, etc. Good luck. :)

Cliffs: Someone ordered a SIII on July 4, and already has it! I blame fedex.

lol just playing with ya. Im waiting in agony for mine to show up, and i ordered on 6/22.

CTgirl509

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Cliffs: Someone ordered a SIII on July 4, and already has it! I blame fedex.

lol just playing with ya. Im waiting in agony for mine to show up, and i ordered on 6/22.

LOL Full disclosure - I ordered a white one 16G. Did I see that the blue ones are harder to come by?

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
So I just spoke with someone who said that she would have to put in a request for a non-active plan to reinstate my unlimited data. She said that she could not change it on her end and that the request would have to go through several channels and could take as long as 5 days to sort out. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I be concerned? I ordered before the new plans took effect and was assured that I could keep the unlimited plan. :eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21