FedEx Sucks

roadkill_tx

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So, phone shipped Thursday, overnight. Expected delivery by 3:00 Friday. 5:00 I called Fedex as the phone was showing to be at the sort facility. They said someone would call me back. They did, this morning to inform me I would receive delivery Monday. I said I though overnight meant overnight. She had no explanation and was not concerned. I'm more upset over the overnight than that I won't get the phone until Monday.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So, phone shipped Thursday, overnight. Expected delivery by 3:00 Friday. 5:00 I called Fedex as the phone was showing to be at the sort facility. They said someone would call me back. They did, this morning to inform me I would receive delivery Monday. I said I though overnight meant overnight. She had no explanation and was not concerned. I'm more upset over the overnight than that I won't get the phone until Monday.

Well many people were supposed to get overnight and magically got switched to 2 day so I am sure you will survive until monday.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Indeed!

yo-dawg-bro.gif

You'll survive! Make it a great weekend...

Reactions: MERCDROID

roadkill_tx

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
As I said. I have no problem waiting until Monday. I just though overnight meant overnight not overnightish. It was FedEx that scheduled the delivery for Friday by 3:00 not Verizon.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
As I said. I have no problem waiting until Monday. I just though overnight meant overnight not overnightish. It was FedEx that scheduled the delivery for Friday by 3:00 not Verizon.

Yeah well now you know how others feel( myself) that when we preordered it said free overnight and got stuck with 2 day shipping... I am stuck waiting until monday also but oh well its just a phone life goes on.

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered within 30 minutes of the phone going on preorder and still got stuck waiting until Monday for the phone.

Also, the phone is currently less than a mile from my house but they won't let me pick it up.

Either way, I blame Verizon. They took way too long just to make the phone worse.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one hour after pre-order started. I'm getting my phone Monday. FedEx does not guarantee anything. Look at your tracking online. It says "estimated".

dillon24

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
The thing about Fedex is that everything goes through their hub in Memphis or wherever it is.. you could ship something from Oakland to San Fran and it still goes through memphis

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The thing about Fedex is that everything goes through their hub in Memphis or wherever it is.. you could ship something from Oakland to San Fran and it still goes through memphis

Maybe thats true.... IDK. But that makes no sense. Hard to believe.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well many people were supposed to get overnight and magically got switched to 2 day so I am sure you will survive until monday.

Yup, join the club bud. My phone is getting here after it arrives in stores. :(

Fedex does suck at times though. but imagine moving millions/thousands of packages every day.

rmb.1221

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe thats true.... IDK. But that makes no sense. Hard to believe.

I don't know about everything, but my last replacement phone went from Ft. Worth to Memphis to its destination in Phoenix. Made no sense to me, but I got it overnight, so it was all good. The weird thing was I was seeing Memphis when I left for the airport, but my phone was there when I checked into my hotel six hours later.

roadkill_tx

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Sort facility is about 40 miles away. I was hoping to get the phone by the 9th so not really a big deal. It's just that when I see an estimated time of Friday by 3:00 I hang around the house and kill the day. Kinda took them at their word.

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I live in Washington. Currently, the "estimated ship date" is Monday by 7 PM. The phone is in Tennessee. Will i probably get it on time, or no, knowing its FedEx?

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
How close is the sort facility? I've had that happen, but the facility is close enough that I just went and picked it up.

I thought I was gonna try that trick.... I even posted my intentions to do so on another thread.... I know for a fact that I gave others the idea and they have there phones already. In my case I cannot go get my phone cause it is still in the sealed shipping container till Sunday night for Monday delivery

It's not fed ex' s fault .... Fed ex has their procedures , and vzw knows them . Vzw said by the 9 th and they meant it. I love how they advertise 2 day shipping and then wait till the middle of a holiday week to ship out.

I'm just tired of the sneaky little games.
Vzw is starting to remind me of a company called apple " ever heard of them ?"