EHRPD or LTE

yjkoh

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was looking around in the settings and saw that my phone is set to EHRPD verizon internet, but below it is LTE verizon internet. Does anyone know what the difference is and which one I should the phone to?

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
think of it as a go between in communication between LTE and EV-DO....

Verizon is doing handover from LTE to EV-DO and back by plugging in a connection to an enhanced version of the EV-DO data network core called eHRPD. As discussed earlier, this isn?t a great solution by any means. It becomes more problematic when you consider that most LTE signals are very weak. Unfortunately, most customers have no idea because Verizon deceives them into believing it is stronger by using the EV-DO signal strength for the signal bars for LTE for all of their devices except the Galaxy Nexus

you can get an explanation here:

Page 5 - What is LTE? | ExtremeTech

yjkoh

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. So it looks like, if or when verizon can switch to 100% LTE an d get rid of cdma, battery life on cellphone should improve.

ljp925

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, brass tacks...Should I leave my phone set to EHRPD - Verizon Internet to save battery? I'm not a geek so technobablbe is lost on me.:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois