Buying the phone in stores

tk020507

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this. If someone has, I apologize in advance and will remove the post - but I did a quick read through and didn't find similar posts.

Does anyone have information on buying the phone in stores? Or is anyone else planning on it?

I know the phones hit the stores on the 10th, but when I called a few of my local Verizon stores, the reps all said that they don't know if the store will be getting any shipments and even if they did, they are not allowed to disclose that information.

I had a preorder that was supposed to ship by 7/11 but I got an email from Verizon saying my order was on hold so I called Verizon and found out my CC was having issues. I've been having trouble logging into check my CC's online statement so I couldn't immediately check what was going on during the call. And it was the tech department (it was 11:30 PM EST) I was connected to so they couldn't do anything about the issue but cancel the order and start a new one for me. I ended up canceling my original order and starting a new one, only to find out it'd ship weeks from the first promised ship date. At that point I said screw it, I'd just get it at a store because that'd be faster even with my original ship date.

What I'm wondering is, did I make a mistake? What if the stores near me don't stock up on the phone or run out? Will people camp out for this phone? I seriously doubt it but I wish I had just waited til the morning until the Customer Service was up again.

My Fascinate is starting to die on me and I want the newest and baddest phone to replace it.

Forgot to add, I will not have unlimited to begin with, it was actually cheaper for my family to go on a shared plan since only a couple lines use any significant amount of data

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
my personal opinion is that there shouldn't be a huge line for this phone given that it is out for other carriers already AND that many people with unlimited had to pre-order before 6/28.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think people will camp out for it. I think with the preordering that alleviates a lot of that and also not many people know when this phone is coming out. How many VZW commercials have you seem advertising this for a "coming soon" release? I haven't seen one. I think when it's available you shouldn't have a problem. The phone was first available in AT&T stores yesterday and I was at the mall pretty early for other reasons and the store was pretty empty. Though this phone sells like crazy it's surely not the event due to the different release dates around the globe it seems that most that get this phone at release preorder. If I were you I wouldn't worry about that part. I would however worry about losing unlimited data (if you have it) because it looks like if you start a new order at this point it's gone if using an upgrade. Good luck.

Reactions: tk020507

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Doubt there will be camping out. Just show up on Tuesday right when they open. If that particular store doesn't have it, go to another

delldude405

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to best buy today looking for a case and they said that my phone is the first working sgs3 they have seen.

Then I went to the Verizon corporate store and they also said that this is the first one that they've seen. And actually asked me how I got it.

Needless to say I think that everyone is clueless...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm also waiting for the stores to have them in stock. No rush though.
I think its ridiculous when people camp out for things like phones..

Edit: Verizon website says its available for purchase on 7/12. I guess keeping the whole thursday release tradition?

Last edited:

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm also waiting for the stores to have them in stock. No rush though.
I think its ridiculous when people camp out for things like phones..

Edit: Verizon website says its available for purchase on 7/12. I guess keeping the whole thursday release tradition?

Verizon release date according to a verizon store and press release is 10....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Went to my local Verizon store to talk to my rep....well, she wasn't there but another guy about broke his hip trying to get around the desk to greet me. Anyway, I asked him about the S3 and he said "Oh, they haven't released a firm release date yet, so maybe the next month or two."

Really? I didn't say a word to him, but turned around and walked out. I'm sure he could see the disgusted look on my face.

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Was at best buy yesterday and the guy told me on the 11th

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Website n store 2 different purchase rings....website is backordered. Here is verizon site news

Samsung Galaxy S III - Available July 10 - Verizon Wireless

No I agree. We all know what the press release said. Att and sprint had a press release too with a date but that didnt stop it from being pushed back a couple days. They dont send out a revised press release if things change. Anyhow, even if someone tried to order one now it says "ships by 7/19". So it's curious of why they would have "available for purchase on 7/12". I mean because ordering it now or on 7/12 is pretty much the same since its back ordered. Just makes it confusing for users that want to know when they can actually get one.

Reactions: sicario666

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
No I agree. We all know what the press release said. Att and sprint had a press release too with a date but that didnt stop it from being pushed back a couple days. They dont send put a revised press release if things change. Anyhow, even if someone tried to order one now it says "ships by 7/19". So it's curious of why they would have "available for purchase on 7/12". I mean because ordering it now or on 7/12 is pretty much the same since its back ordered. Just makes it confusing for users that want to know when they can actually get one.

Yes very confusing has to be something with 16 or 32 gig...I know stores will only have 16 gig for now...32 later.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Where is everyone finding these ships by the 19th, when I go to Verizon it still says the 11th! I know it normally changes if it is back ordered (I remember the insane back order of the droid incredible) but when I go it is still says the 11th!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC