Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

beeper3000

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried to install the apk for the gnex but when i open wallet it tells me its not supported in this country.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

pdk269

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine rooted his gnex just to get google wallet. works flawlessly once rooted and the vzw bloatware is gone.

ChapStick Assassin

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my S3 yet, but I've heard that if you go directly to the Google wallet website, you can DL direct from there (no root needed) then afterwards it will show up in the Play store as normal.

Here's the link to the official Google Wallet page. And let us know if it shows up and loads properly. Also I would guess you have to go there on your phone. Please let us know pass or fail.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ogle.android.apps.walletnfcrel&token=O3YEyyLP

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my S3 yet, but I've heard that if you go directly to the Google wallet website, you can DL direct from there (no root needed) then afterwards it will show up in the Play store as normal.

Here's the link to the official Google Wallet page. And let us know if it shows up and loads properly. Also I would guess you have to go there on your phone. Please let us know pass or fail.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ogle.android.apps.walletnfcrel&token=_g7FCqX9

Nope. It says " This item is not available on your carrier."

...I swear this is my last term with verizon!

valentino88

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm dealing with this issue with my galaxy nexus on verizon. It takes a lot of work to update sometimes because of all the barriers thrown at you. Every update seems to have some kind of strange work around.

Worse yet, I had an issue with one of my transaction where the money was not deducted correctly. But when I called support they could not help me because my device is not supported. My next and future phones will not be on verizon.

Shouldn't there be some kind of anti-trust action against verizon for stuff like this.

nix80908

May 12, 2012
Visit site
This Method Worked for me!!! Click on the link in a browser, on your PC, and select "Samsung SCH-I535" from your device menu and it will download.

However, the bummer part is - you can't RUN the thing."This application is not supported on your device or network" Can't run it yet....

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
This Method Worked for me!!! Click on the link in a browser, on your PC, and select "Samsung SCH-I535" from your device menu and it will download.

However, the bummer part is - you can't RUN the thing."This application is not supported on your device or network" Can't run it yet....

I got the same error. I'm loving this phone a lot so far, but I was really hoping wallet would work if I rooted. :-\

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to a Verizon tech and he said they are aware of it and it will be corrected in an update coming up in under 1 month. (I guess Google threatened to get in that ass with a lawsuit)

Doubtful. They never forced the issue with the Google Nexus. The S3 isn't even a Google phone.

Amartinez4125

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
There is a way, somewhat complicated...but possible....You will need to root your device. This is for a Galaxy S3 Verizon model. I am not responsible for you damaging your phone....so please make sure to back it up before you do anything.

These were my steps.
Root Device - How To
I used the stock rom that was provided in this tutorial.

You will need to edit the build.prop - How To
I used root explorer from the play store for 3.99 to edit the build.prop...I used the verizon zip file (wallet-sgs3-verizon_telus.zip)

I noticed when i tried to load up the Google prepaid card, It looks like it gets stuck on "verifying your account with money network", but its just takes a lot of data. On 4g it took me a little bit over 5 mins, so you might want to consider connecting to wifi before you try to load up the google prepaid card.

I am NOT an android wiz. if you have any questions you should post them up in the XDA forum in the link above. This is just what worked for me. I do hope it works for you

Enjoy your free $10 :biggrin:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante