12-28-2012 03:55 PM
32 12
tools
    Anyone know how to get google wallet on the vzw galaxy s3?
    07-08-2012 04:03 PM
    I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard Verizon blocked it or made it unavailable...
    07-08-2012 04:20 PM
    I tried to install the apk for the gnex but when i open wallet it tells me its not supported in this country.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-08-2012 05:28 PM
    A friend of mine rooted his gnex just to get google wallet. works flawlessly once rooted and the vzw bloatware is gone.
    07-08-2012 06:08 PM
    I don't have my S3 yet, but I've heard that if you go directly to the Google wallet website, you can DL direct from there (no root needed) then afterwards it will show up in the Play store as normal.

Here's the link to the official Google Wallet page. And let us know if it shows up and loads properly. Also I would guess you have to go there on your phone. Please let us know pass or fail.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.walletnfcrel
    07-08-2012 06:34 PM
    I don't have my S3 yet, but I've heard that if you go directly to the Google wallet website, you can DL direct from there (no root needed) then afterwards it will show up in the Play store as normal.

Here's the link to the official Google Wallet page. And let us know if it shows up and loads properly. Also I would guess you have to go there on your phone. Please let us know pass or fail.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.walletnfcrel
    Nope. It says " This item is not available on your carrier."

...I swear this is my last term with verizon!
    07-08-2012 06:41 PM
    Fail

07-08-2012 06:41 PM
    I'm dealing with this issue with my galaxy nexus on verizon. It takes a lot of work to update sometimes because of all the barriers thrown at you. Every update seems to have some kind of strange work around.

Worse yet, I had an issue with one of my transaction where the money was not deducted correctly. But when I called support they could not help me because my device is not supported. My next and future phones will not be on verizon.

Shouldn't there be some kind of anti-trust action against verizon for stuff like this.
    07-09-2012 05:49 PM
    someone need to work on this. to get google wallet on gs3 on verizon
    07-09-2012 10:17 PM
    If I root my s3 is there anything special I'll need to do to get wallet working
    07-10-2012 04:03 PM
    At this time Google Wallet only works on Sprint phones
    07-10-2012 04:16 PM
    This Method Worked for me!!! Click on the link in a browser, on your PC, and select "Samsung SCH-I535" from your device menu and it will download.

However, the bummer part is - you can't RUN the thing."This application is not supported on your device or network" Can't run it yet....
    07-13-2012 03:33 PM
    This Method Worked for me!!! Click on the link in a browser, on your PC, and select "Samsung SCH-I535" from your device menu and it will download.

However, the bummer part is - you can't RUN the thing."This application is not supported on your device or network" Can't run it yet....
    I got the same error. I'm loving this phone a lot so far, but I was really hoping wallet would work if I rooted.

07-13-2012 03:40 PM
    +1 Fail for me too
    07-13-2012 04:54 PM
    Any update from anyone that has successfully installed g wallet on Verizon s3 if so what did u do
    Thanks
    07-21-2012 04:24 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my galaxy s3.
    07-21-2012 09:51 PM
    I spoke to a Verizon tech and he said they are aware of it and it will be corrected in an update coming up in under 1 month. (I guess Google threatened to get in that *** with a lawsuit)
    gorgalis likes this.
    07-22-2012 12:27 AM
    I spoke to a Verizon tech and he said they are aware of it and it will be corrected in an update coming up in under 1 month. (I guess Google threatened to get in that *** with a lawsuit)
    Doubtful. They never forced the issue with the Google Nexus. The S3 isn't even a Google phone.

07-22-2012 06:46 AM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=1787803
    Try this from the nexus thread I have wallet working on nexus and I'm on Verizon. Works great no problems or pop ups and you get this look of how did you do hat from the cashier.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums
    07-22-2012 10:28 AM
    There is a way, somewhat complicated...but possible....You will need to root your device. This is for a Galaxy S3 Verizon model. I am not responsible for you damaging your phone....so please make sure to back it up before you do anything.

These were my steps.
    Root Device - How To
    I used the stock rom that was provided in this tutorial.

You will need to edit the build.prop - How To
    I used root explorer from the play store for 3.99 to edit the build.prop...I used the verizon zip file (wallet-sgs3-verizon_telus.zip)

I noticed when i tried to load up the Google prepaid card, It looks like it gets stuck on "verifying your account with money network", but its just takes a lot of data. On 4g it took me a little bit over 5 mins, so you might want to consider connecting to wifi before you try to load up the google prepaid card.

I am NOT an android wiz. if you have any questions you should post them up in the XDA forum in the link above. This is just what worked for me. I do hope it works for you

Enjoy your free $10 :biggrin:
    swindelljd and kicks like this.
    07-24-2012 06:13 PM
    There is a way, somewhat complicated...but possible....You will need to root your device. This is for a Galaxy S3 Verizon model. I am not responsible for you damaging your phone....so please make sure to back it up before you do anything.

These were my steps.
    Root Device - How To
    I used the stock rom that was provided in this tutorial.

You will need to edit the build.prop - How To
    I used root explorer from the play store for 3.99 to edit the build.prop...I used the verizon zip file (wallet-sgs3-verizon_telus.zip)

I noticed when i tried to load up the Google prepaid card, It looks like it gets stuck on "verifying your account with money network", but its just takes a lot of data. On 4g it took me a little bit over 5 mins, so you might want to consider connecting to wifi before you try to load up the google prepaid card.

I am NOT an android wiz. if you have any questions you should post them up in the XDA forum in the link above. This is just what worked for me. I do hope it works for you

He's right there is a way for sure just two things to notice:
    1. Make sure you pick the appropriate Google Wallet version in the attachments in the thread (there is one for AT&T and T-Mo, one for Sprint...I believe?, and one for Verizon and US Cellular)
    2. Also it does take a while for the prepaid Google card to load as mentioned
    However this xda method WILL work on your rooted phone
    Many thanks to those folks they basically allowed throngs of people to get $10 for free lol
    Just used it at the QuikChek nearby too...confirmed up and running!!
    07-25-2012 12:05 AM
    ...I used the verizon zip file (wallet-sgs3-verizon_telus.zip) ...
    Can you provide a link to where you got this zip?

[EDIT]Nevermind, I found it in the XDA post you linked.[/EDIT]

TIA
    07-25-2012 11:08 AM
    I will! Thanks for providing the link. It worked like a charm. I almost tried to do it for multiple google accounts on my phone, but didn't want to be greedy
    07-26-2012 08:27 AM
    XDA worked for me. I had tried some different ways about installing gw last week and ended up with the secure element error and thought that I had messed it up enough that I needed a new phone. Anyone else who has borked the secure element give this a try. Hope it works for you too.

07-26-2012 04:16 PM
    I can confirm this works and tested in a store. I bought some milk today at rite aid with no issues!

Sent from sexy a** Galaxy S III
    07-26-2012 08:49 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD