LED Notification Not Blinking

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Before I send my phone back to get replace, my LED does not flash when I received a notification. It stays solid I try looking for a setting that may cause this problem, nothing. Lite flow does not work with the s3 is there anyone else having this same problem or know a fix for this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
LED blinks for me on some notifications, but not others. Gmail - no blink. Touchdown - blink. Will monitor others.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
LED blinks for me on some notifications, but not others. Gmail - no blink. Touchdown - blink. Will monitor others.

OK thanks when I received a text does not blink Gmail, yahoo does not blink. But thanks

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I was using handcent but since I uninstall handcent, when I get a text now it blinks.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine stays solid as well. Inasmuch as settings does not say "blink," I'm assuming this is working as designed?

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Gmail, text, and missed phone call all blinks with blue led. This is with charger unplugged.

When plugged in to charger, the led stays solid red. Haven't tried with charger plugged in but I believe it turns solid blue if I receive a notification while charging.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Ha mine is a bit different. Touchdown is solid for me. Believe Facebook messenger is also solid. Gmail, default SMS and missed calls blink blue.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
OP, when you installed Hndcent, maybe it dorked up your settings? Other have blinking blue (gmail above blinks blue).

jaebberwock

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Before I send my phone back to get replace, my LED does not flash when I received a notification. It stays solid I try looking for a setting that may cause this problem, nothing. Lite flow does not work with the s3 is there anyone else having this same problem or know a fix for this.

I would definitely try uninstalling any apps that may be related to SMS, maybe even some of the free ones that don't. I bet something borked up your settings. I think the light is supposed to be solid for some notifications and not for others.

jaebberwock

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
From what I read on the lighflow blog page comments was that some of the notification lights wouldn't come off after light flow was installed. I'm thinking it is an issue with lightflow. Try uninstalling lightflow and rebooting, perhaps?

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I dont have LightFlow on my phone (never had) and noticed that it doesnt blink for some and instead chooses a solid-always on notification. This has to be a battery drain. Anyone out there try LightFlow to see if they could configure the LED to work properly? Isnt that what the app is supposed to do?

For the first time I have a phone with different LED colors I would like to set them up right. iPhone users are on their like 5 version and still no LED notifications lol:)

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont have LightFlow on my phone (never had) and noticed that it doesnt blink for some and instead chooses a solid-always on notification. This has to be a battery drain. Anyone out there try LightFlow to see if they could configure the LED to work properly? Isnt that what the app is supposed to do?

For the first time I have a phone with different LED colors I would like to set them up right. iPhone users are on their like 5 version and still no LED notifications lol:)

Lightflow still does not work properly with US devices so we have to wait

I also have the same issue with certain app notifications being a solid light rather than blinking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood