If I knew the bootloader would be locked, I would have gotten a Nexus and not bothered ordering the S3. I wanted 4G, and ordered this phone so I could get a fast phone and keep unlimited data. I was hoping for a faster, larger, 4G version of my Fascinate.

Now I don't want it. I know I have 14 days to return it, but will they let me keep my plan, or will I need to sell my new phone on Ebay and buy a Nexus outright? If I do put it up for sale, any idea what it might go for?

I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed either way. If I have to give up unlimited, I might as well go to AT&T. I could sell the S3 for enough to pay the early termination fee, and get an S3 on AT&T, but their coverage here isn't as good.

I really hate Verizon now.
    07-09-2012 06:23 PM
    If you paid full MSRP then yes. If it was subsidized some people say yes, other people say no you can't keep unlimited.
    07-09-2012 06:47 PM
    What you can do is sell the S3 for full retail online and then pick up a Nexus for quite a bit less. After the 200-250 you paid it should be about a wash, might actually save a few bucks.
    07-09-2012 07:17 PM
    I would recommend selling the S3.

With the money you make from selling the S3, it should cover you buying a Nexus for full MSRP and that way you'll continue to have unlimited data on Verizon as well as a phone with an unlocked bootloader
    07-09-2012 07:18 PM
    Hasn't the locked bootloader issue already been resolved?
    07-09-2012 07:48 PM
    Hasn't the locked bootloader issue already been resolved?
    Not yet. Root access does not mean the bootloader is unlocked. So no ROMs other than modified GS3 stock ROMs.
    07-09-2012 09:26 PM
    I think they are making great progress considering that you can already put a custom recovery on the phone.
    07-09-2012 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD