Power saving mode - are you using it?

cawasha

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to know this too. I've turned power saving on a couple of times but soon after I turn it off. I'll notice a little stutter here and there and can't take it. If someone dedicated enough finds that it's worth it I'll give it an honest shot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Sparhawk2k

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I turned it on but I haven't done a before/after comparison on battery life. I'd love to get more info on how much of an improvement it's supposed to make...

larry0071

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I also saw it during the initial moments after setting up and getting registered into the VZW system and I turned this on at that point. I see massive battery improvement over my Glaxy Nexus, but I've been running battery saver mode since I activated the phone yesterday. With the kind of battery life it is getting in this mode, I'll keep it like this! This is going to be great!

My Nexus would eat right near 1% of battery charge per minut of screen on time while on facebook or internet forums. Today with this first charge I was at 5 hrs unplugged from full charge and 37 min of screen on time (Tapatalk and FB, a couple texts to my son) and I was at 84% remaining. On the Nexus with the same I would have been around 65% remaining. I hated using the Nexus because the battery just turned to vapor as you used it.

The standby battery consumption is insanely low as well here at work in a 3G only area compared to the Nexus. The Nexus would drop 3-4% per hour setting here in our poor reception area. This phone looks to be around 1-2% per hour. I'm happy :D

cawasha

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I too have a nexus and agree with you on the battery life. Even without power saver mode on this thing just blows away the nexus. Don't get me wrong I love that phone and will have a hard time talking myself into selling it but not having to have a charger always handy is something I won't miss at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering too if it would be an improvement. I do agree that the battery life on this is better than the Gnex.

I'm at 61%, 10m 19mins, 1 hour 23sec on screen time, about 30mins on a call on the way to work. Coming from a Maxx, this is completely acceptable.

If i can get a little more with battery saver on without sacrificing performance, I'm in!

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that when I had it in Power Saving Mode, it stayed at 100% charged for an hour, but I wasn't getting any email notifications.

I turned it off and haven't tried again. I'm curious if it affects email sync.

That being said, I'm still getting good battery life on day two even with streaming Max Go at the doctors office today in the waiting room and constant browsing and texting. I'm currently on 8 hours up time with two hours of screen on time, battery at 64 percent. Yesterday on half a charge I got 3.5 hours of on screen time with six hours of on time. I don't use Wifi at all, only LTE. I do however have tons of bloat disabled and keep my screen turned down.

Eldair

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm on v4.1.2 and on Power Saving mode there is huge difference in phone speed (menus, transitions etc.) and also if brightness is set to lowest (manually or by auto-brightness) you can notice small flicker on screen after every wake up. Other than those issues it really does save battery, for me at least.

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't use it anymore ever since I noticed that it slows down the wifi transfer rate to about a third of what it normally would be. Very irritating. I think that is the one big flaw they made with it.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Pedal to the metal all the way for me.

The batt lasts plenty long for me as it is. If anything, turning down screen brightness or moving closer to a wifi access point will give you the most battery improvement.

-Suntan

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I use the 99 cent screen brightness app, and that does the most battery saving for me. It's convenient to have a nice slider on screen all the time to adjust it without having to pull down the notification bar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar