Customer receipts--Does anyone else's say the ETF is $0?

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed on my customer receipt I received that the ETF is $0. Get out of jail free card they won't honor? Check the second page of your receipt, under cellular services information.
2012-07-10%2013.59.21.jpg

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Don't have the actual shipping receipt with me but the one on My Verizon under View Documents and Receipts says up to $175. Wonder if that's because the Advance Device list hasn't been updated yet.

Important cancellation information
- If you decide to cancel your service prior to July 3, 2014, an early termination fee of up to
$175 will apply.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
This is probably not worth speculating on until the rommers have more experience with this phone, but is pulling out of the contract even beneficial in any way, shape, or form? Other than your ability to sell the handset later (assuming they will let the ESN back on their network). Its not like you can take it to a different network, or a pay as you go plan, unless there is some heavy work done to the software.

I think the $0 ETF is Verizon's way of saying "you can leave, but you won't. you know you won't. Why even bother? Muahahahaha!"

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
This is probably not worth speculating on until the rommers have more experience with this phone, but is pulling out of the contract even beneficial in any way, shape, or form? Other than your ability to sell the handset later (assuming they will let the ESN back on their network). Its not like you can take it to a different network, or a pay as you go plan, unless there is some heavy work done to the software.

I think the $0 ETF is Verizon's way of saying "you can leave, but you won't. you know you won't. Why even bother? Muahahahaha!"

Well no there isn't, unless you just want to burn them for the subsidy. I think they say the 32GB is "worth" $649, and I bought it for $249, so if I just cancelled today for no ETF, I could profit $400 if I could sell it for what it is valued at by Verizon.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

There is a GSM radio, you could take this thing to AT&T or T-Mobile. But you're right, even if I could cancel ETF-free I wouldn't. At least not right now.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
There is a GSM radio, you could take this thing to AT&T or T-Mobile. But you're right, even if I could cancel ETF-free I wouldn't. At least not right now.

Is there a true GSM radio or is there a GSM-like radio used for LTE (and furthermore is the LTE radio the right frequency for LTE on AT&T or Tmo?) I wouldn't be 100% sure it could hop networks until they release the "patch" that allows international roaming, then i would be confident the phone is at least somewhat quad-band. I know that LTE is supposed to be the magical cell network of the future where unicorns **** rainbows from every vendor, but the CDMA/GSM and EVDO/HSDPA differences we have seen on every single network are too fresh in my mind.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a true GSM radio or is there a GSM-like radio used for LTE (and furthermore is the LTE radio the right frequency for LTE on AT&T or Tmo?) I wouldn't be 100% sure it could hop networks until they release the "patch" that allows international roaming, then i would be confident the phone is at least somewhat quad-band. I know that LTE is supposed to be the magical cell network of the future where unicorns **** rainbows from every vendor, but the CDMA/GSM and EVDO/HSDPA differences we have seen on every single network are too fresh in my mind.

I've used my Rezound on AT&T and T-Mobile, and Rogers in Canada. There were minor problems with each, but it worked, and supposedly works better now. I assume the devs will figure out how to get it working. There should be a true GSM radio in the GS3, the chipset isn't any different from AT&T or T-Mobile. It's the same SoC. I'm not sure if AT&T or T-Mobile LTE will work though.

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I too have a $0 ETF on my receipt. I'd be surprised if VZW would honor what's printed there, but should I decide to leave early, it would be worth an argument at least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000