Black Blotches on a Black Screen

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I use the app screen test to display a totally black screen, I see about 5 blotches on the screen, about the size of the proximity or light sensor, on the screen. One is a little bit bigger than the others. Anyone else experience this? I bet it would be to hard to photograph, let me try....

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You can try the app "Dead pixel detect and fix". I've not had anything to fix, but it has good comments. Hope this helps.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
There have been several discussions on this so it was one of the first things I tested. I have zero blotches or dot and I have to say my screen looks flawless even in a pitch black room.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I got to thinking about this after a post reporting "drips" of bright spots when the screen is black. This is part of a normal AMOLED screen (variations due to an imperfect doping process) but some have it worse than others.

I did a "Black test" (hint, you don't need a special app just take a picture in the dark and then open the picture and wait for the softkeys to turn off) in a completely dark room and noticed the same exact thing as the OP, there are three very small patches that show up totally dark, and the rest of the screen has a slight glow to it. Since this requires a totally black screen and a totally black room, there isn't much chance I will ever be bothered by it. I would say this is probably the threshold for "normal", if you can see the defects in normal menu or app operation in a dim room then you might want to consider filing for a replacement and rolling the dice again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma