Amazon appstore not working?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use the Amazon Appstore, it lets me install, but I tried to enter my email and password, and everytime, it says incorrect info. I double checked it and even reset the password, but same problem.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded it tonight, worked fine for me. If you reset your password I assume that means you logged in on a computer, so you know there's not a problem with your account?

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use the Amazon Appstore, it lets me install, but I tried to enter my email and password, and everytime, it says incorrect info. I double checked it and even reset the password, but same problem.

This happened to me about two months ago. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, changing my password, clearing cache, pretty much everything I could think of. I emailed Amazon about it and they replied saying I needed to call them from another phone so they could help me trouble shoot it.

I never did call as it really didn't matter that much to me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded it tonight, worked fine for me. If you reset your password I assume that means you logged in on a computer, so you know there's not a problem with your account?

no problem with my account, yes, i can log in via the computer

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Try uninstalling. Then go to amazon.com on your laptop/desktop and have Amazon send you the text message again with the link directly to your cel. That fixed this problem for me last time (about 2 mo ago on my GNex).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try uninstalling. Then go to amazon.com on your laptop/desktop and have Amazon send you the text message again with the link directly to your cel. That fixed this problem for me last time (about 2 mo ago on my GNex).

I tried that, and it still isnt working :-(

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on the Amazon App store. There hasnt been anything free worthwhile in a long time and it takes forever to get the app updated to the latest version.

The only two I was really using was Soundhound Infinity and Picsay Pro but bought Shazam when it was on sale from the Play store and I'll just pay for Picsay Pro.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten quite a few good free programs from Amazon since I've used them from Day 1. I can't afford to give them up. For example, I got Swiftkey for free as well as quite a few ad-free programs.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on the Amazon App store. There hasnt been anything free worthwhile in a long time and it takes forever to get the app updated to the latest version.

The only two I was really using was Soundhound Infinity and Picsay Pro but bought Shazam when it was on sale from the Play store and I'll just pay for Picsay Pro.

Their recent selection has been crap, but I have gotten a few apps that i use like SwiftKey and tune in radio and fancy widgets, cut the rope, where my water, angry birds rio, probably others.

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm mad I ever used thier app store, they make you have the app to open the apps you buy from then. That is bull cause I know its using my battery slowly.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Stock+

rotorrocket

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
go into your amazon account and deactivate some devices. You will probably find multiple activations for the same device. You've hit the maximum of 25 devices. ;)

Schramx4

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I could not figure this out for the life of me. Thanks to this post I got it worked out where even two of the service reps didn't have a clue what to do.

I went into my account online and deregistered some of the devices. Apparently, every time you install the Amazon App store on your phone and log in, it registers that phone a new device regardless of the fact that it's the same device. This is especially frusting to people who like ROM jumping.

I have to say though, yes, most of the FAOTD's are crappy, but there are deffinately some great ones in there that make it worth it. Love the AAS! (But not as much as Android Central ;) )

lringel

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I just had the same issue (it kept saying my password/email was not correct) when I reset my tablet. I was going to change my password, then I noticed that I had several email from Amazon, stating that they now have a 2 step authentication process for the 1st time you register a device. The email contained a 6 digit number that I needed to put in the "password" box & it worked fine. My problem is that now I cannot access the app store. I have access to music, and books, but I need the app store app, so I can download the movie app to be able to download my amazon movies on my android tablet. It worked fine on my cell phone, but will not work at all, on my tablet, and that was after a complete factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1