Unable to Take Pictures When on Call

cbrown9885

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
All,

I attempted to take a picture while on a call and received the error "Unable to start camera during call"

Is there a fix or workaround? Is this just an issue with Samsung phones?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

cbrown9885

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Installed FXCamera and this works while on the phone. Not sure why the stock app does not work. Anyone know why?

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Installed FXCamera and this works while on the phone. Not sure why the stock app does not work. Anyone know why?

Because you're the first person to ever need this?

Kidding aside... no idea. Doesn't seem like something normally needed.

Droidbeyond

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I can only think of.... You are talking to someone and A celebrity appears... You say hold on.. I need to take a photo and send to you...

Actually now I can think of tons of derivations of this scenario....

As for why..... Dunno... This is my first Samsung phone.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why everyone is giving the OP the third degree about taking a photo while on the phone...I've done it several times to send a picture of something I'm talking about with my wife and she can't understand what I'm talking about so I take a picture while on the phone with her and send it to her mid conversation...:-\

Always worked on my HTC Thunderbolt...only thing I couldn't do was use the Flash...

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter why he wants to do it. It's weird that a dual core phone with 2GB of RAM can't even take a picture while on the phone. Worst. Multitasking. Ever. :)

Last edited:

cbrown9885

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
When I am out shopping and want to show a product or confirm the item I am puchasing, I can snap a picture while still talking on the phone. The current setup will require me to hang up the call,snap and send the picture then call the person back.

Pimped

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I was a victim of a hit and run incident last week and I needed to take a video and pics of the person and his vehicle while he was stuck in traffic while on the phone to the police.

Useless that a hyped up phone like the Galaxy S3 can't do this! Obviously I know the blame lies with the Operating System ICS

Would be good to see if anyone figures out a fix to this

coastalcarolina

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to do this several times with the stock camera app as well with no luck.

Was very surprised that we can't.... and was peeved when my GF told me her iPhone would do it fine.

Very odd, would love to hear Samsung's reasoning for why it doesn't work during a call.... unless anyone else has figured it out.

spwilliams1117

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I write tickets at work and when on a call I tried to take a picture of the.license plae for evidence and recieved an error message...is there a fix to this problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze