Gps navigation issues

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
So my s3 is constantly searching for gps when I go from google maps to navigation. All gps options are on and the phone can locate and update itself. I just cannot get a signal to track and navigate.
It worked yesterday
anyone?

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I used mine yesterday and it was spot on. It has been the several times I have used it it. I just have the standalone gps service checked. Try that and see if that helps.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just used Navigation and it worked fine.

Try downloading GPS Status from the Play Store. In the app, select Tools and reset A-GPS data and re-download A-GPS data. The app also shows how many satellites your phone has locked on to.

Sent from my SGS III

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Just used Navigation and it worked fine.

Try downloading GPS Status from the Play Store. In the app, select Tools and reset A-GPS data and re-download A-GPS data. The app also shows how many satellites your phone has locked on to.

Sent from my SGS III

Good looking out gonna give it a try

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had trouble locking onto a satellite for the first time today. It reminded me of when I had my Droid X. Hopefully it was a GPS issue and not a phone issue.

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
got a case/screen protector on or anything? GPS always seems notoriously spotty sometimes, even with standalone units or other phones. Haven't had issues on this one yet, but it's only a matter of time I imagine.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I had trouble locking onto a satellite for the first time today. It reminded me of when I had my Droid X. Hopefully it was a GPS issue and not a phone issue.

I wonder if it could be a Verizon problem, because I had trouble locking on 7/29 (near Washington, D.C.) The phone kept trying to lock, couldn't seem to get data, and became extremely hot.

I rebooted and all was well.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I am ending this thread that I started with a update.

I called vzw and explained the problem..... Had a what sounded like a very competent tech explain that it didn't seem to be a big problem with the phone and judging from the lack of interest I got with this thread it is not..... I had them send me a new phone and boom gps works great. I still do not feel this phone has the best gps system, and but my first phone was broken and the new one works great.
Nick:D

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Still used navigation and map this afternoon and they both worked flawlessly switching back n forth

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

marcsledjeski

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Originally, my GPS wasn't locking on going from maps to navigation, but since I got my car dock, the phone is closer to the window and seems to lock on to GPS pretty much instantly.

cnlson

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a 32gb sgs3 and I Geocache so I use the GPS daily and here are a couple of things I've noticed
  1. don't hold it wrong :) the GPS antennae are in the bottom
  2. GPS status or GPS test are helpful to clear agps
  3. agps is the weak link. it has been a problem on every phone I've owned
  4. sometimes rebooting is the only solution

Agps has put my phone across the globe or several hundred miles off several times. And if you are by a tower that is misreporting it's location, often the only solution is to move some distance down the road. Once it catches, however, it should continue to work as it only uses satellites once it has lock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance