Verizon email client

mkempton

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I've just switched from the Droid X to the GS3 and am very impressed with the performance and the lightness of the phone. The TouchWiz features aren't my favorite and I will be looking at other launchers (enjoyed ADWLauncher on the DX). However, something that is bothering me is the email client.

I have used the email client on all my Android devices to poll hotmail and a personal domain POP account. I went to set up my hotmail account in the GS3 email client and it informed me that my settings have now been saved on Verizon's servers and that I may manage my email accounts from there. In fact, it almost seems like it was polling for the mail from VZW's servers and pushing them to my phone. This scares me on multiple levels. Is anyone else concerned by this? Is there a way to disable this? I'd really like to access these accounts directly (as opposed to GMail polling for me) and do not trust VZW with that information. I don't understand why they would do this.

Thanks for letting me vent.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I set up an MSN account and a Time Warner roadrunner email account and got no such message.

I did have trouble setting up the MSN live account through the Live email icon, so I did it manually through the generic email icon/pop3 route.

mkempton

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It looks like if you use the Live icon already there, it does this. If you use the generic POP/IMAP setup, it does not. Here's the message I received with the Live tool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge