LTE vs. EHRPD

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I usually just let mine toggle to whatever signal it is picking up .I am in a 4g area 90% of the time.I am usually on WiFi's when in those few spots of 3g only connections,unless I am driving or riding in a car.I have no complaints about my battery life or battery drain.

I have never used the phone info app.When I am at work , which is more times then not a 3g area it shows in the Mobile network type eHRPD:13.It evens shows that when connect to Wifi's in a 3 g area.
When I am in a 4g area it shows in Mobile network type LTE13 when either its on Wifi's or not.

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
No phone info here. Mine was originally on ehrpd i changed it a week back to LTEand have noticed no difference at all, its still set to lte now. I dont think it does anything because they dont allow us to choose our preferred network.

___TAKUMI___

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine was set to LTE and I have had horrible service at work to the point I had to walk out away from the building to get signal.
I was using an app called open signal when I noticed that their where 5 towers around me but my phone was connecting to the two farther away and bouncing back and forth I imagine because my cell strength wasn't strong enough. This probably explains the choppy calls I have been getting. While plundering through I changed to EHRPD. Now I get 3g in the shop and 1x in my office if I sit right ;)
Before I only got 1x out side the metal building and it jumped back and forth as I walked around. May just be a freak of nature but time will tell. I don't know if the setting changed no hard evidence but it seem to have changed because it all got better right after the change.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
It will automatically switch back and forth depending on 3G/4G signal. So it doesn't matter what you chose.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

We have a winner. It just shows which type of network your on 3G or 4G. Other devices may stick on what you choose but VZW version does not.

chacedj

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been running speedtest on my droid dna to see if I could speed up my data connection cuz I live on the border of 4G and 3G. Well under test results it will show what network it was connected to at the time of the test. It said LTE on all of the tests. While doing so, I was also trying different apps to see if any of them could boost my internet connection. After I tried an app called download accelerator by a developer called internet booster phone apps. After I ran it, I noticed it said ehrpd under connection types. I uninstalled the app cuz it didn't work as good as the app named internet booster, at least for my phone anyways. And now it says LTE again. I'm guessing it just makes a smooth transition from 3g to 4g and vice versa. Reason I think that is because I had the Droid RAZR and it was infamous for having to wait like 20-30 seconds to switch. And it did it so much I had to get a different phone. And the DNA doesn't have that problem.By the way I highly! recommend the HTC DNA. Also, I'd recommend the speedtest app along with internet booster. I figured they'd be useless but I am glad I was wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn