brighter screen

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering an S3, but the one thing holding me back is the screen brightness. From what I've seen it is too dim for my eyes. Max brightness is a start, but it's not enough. Is there an app or a hack to get the screen to go brighter? TIA.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
When you say "from what I've seen," have you actually looked at it in person? The screen is pretty ridiculously bright at 100% (to the point where it actually hurt my eyes looking at it for more than a few minutes)

npompei

May 9, 2011
Visit site
When you say "from what I've seen," have you actually looked at it in person? The screen is pretty ridiculously bright at 100% (to the point where it actually hurt my eyes looking at it for more than a few minutes)

Agreed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I've seen it. It's a matter of older eyes vs., perhaps, younger eyes. Everyone gets there one day.

In any case, I do need something brighter than the stock screen on the S3. I can't go with the HTC One since it's not on VZW. If there's nothing out there to brighten the S3 display, I guess I'll just have to keep waiting until they go away from the type of screen they're using or go with something else down the pike.

So, if there's any app or hack to accomplish it, I'd appreciate the recommendation. Thanks again all.

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I've seen it. It's a matter of older eyes vs., perhaps, younger eyes. Everyone gets there one day.

In any case, I do need something brighter than the stock screen on the S3. I can't go with the HTC One since it's not on VZW. If there's nothing out there to brighten the S3 display, I guess I'll just have to keep waiting until they go away from the type of screen they're using or go with something else down the pike.

So, if there's any app or hack to accomplish it, I'd appreciate the recommendation. Thanks again all.

By Any Chance, Did you turn the brightness all the way up and then test it using a video? I could not figure out why my S3 played videos so dark. Then I read on here (in another thread) that the video player had it's own brightness setting. Once I changed that, I agree with the others, the screen is bright even for my 43 year old eyes.

Of course, maybe the one you looked at was bad?

Robb

rap31264

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I took it off automatic and at 100%...it's too bright for me...I have to look at it in the sun..been cloudy and rainy in my area for about a week now...