Bad Echo! Anyone?

gsxr150

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I was a high usage member at another forum, but this forum seems to be more defined to a specfic phone and carrier! So, I thought I would post my question here.

My wife and I just ported over from Sprint and we bought two GS3's. When I talk to her, I hear an echo of the last word I say.

So far I've run a couple of tests. I tried talking to someone else from my phone, and there are no problems. Then I tried calling her from my other verizon phone (Blackberry) and had the same problem!

This tells me it is eaither the 'Verizon to Verizon' phone network, or it's her phone acting up.

Any thoughts on this?

sovman

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Does your wife hear an echo of herself while talking to you from her GS3 too?

I've had two people tell me they can hear echos of themselves when they're on the phone with me. One was on another verizon phone but the other was on a landline. I've tried duplicating it by calling my GS3 from my work cell but had no luck.

gsxr150

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife says there is no problem on her end. I think she said she can hear my echo though... I'm going to give her both the GS2's and run two test calls from my other Verizon phone. If only one phone does it we can assume that it's only ONE bad GS3. I'm really hoping that is the case. Otherwise I love the phone and Verizon service seems pretty solid so far.

gsxr150

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Does your wife hear an echo of herself while talking to you from her GS3 too?

I've had two people tell me they can hear echos of themselves when they're on the phone with me. One was on another verizon phone but the other was on a landline. I've tried duplicating it by calling my GS3 from my work cell but had no luck.

Also - was your work cell Verizon?

PaCoBat

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I started getting my callers tell me they could hear a bad echo after I upgraded to ics. ('m using a SAMSUNG i727.) Problem was solved after I turned 'noise suppression' off through the phone settings during the phone call. Unfortunately, I can't find this setting anywhere else so I have to do it for every single phone call!! Anyone know how to toggle off this feature?? (In GB, it was under the homescreen settings for the phone but it's not there using ICS.) ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, if you toggle off the noise suppression it will cure the echo.

JQ703

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Good Evening,

This is my first post ever on this site 8 )

I'm also having the echo problem on my phone but before I call my carrier to get it replaced I would like to try out what sovman and PaCoBat did. Where are those options to disable voice activiation or noise suppression located? I looked all over this phone and can't seem to find it, unless it's named differently...

Thanks...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski