Bricked

cornfed

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Overnight my battery went completely dead, which is suspect because I was at 60% when I went to sleep. So when I woke up I plugged it in and charged it for awhile then powered it on. It makes it to the home screen and I have about 10 seconds after that until it just completely freezes up.

The only app I installed last night was Beautiful Widgets (had it on my DX). I was able to uninstall that and still it's frozen. So I've tried to do a factory reset and it makes it all the way to the part where it says "shutting down" on the screen, then several minutes later it just goes back to the lock screen and is frozen. Anyone have any helpful suggestions prior to me taking it to Verizon?? Help.

Bernie3761

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me after I restarted the phone. VZW csr said it had to be an app but I really didn't download any thing out of the ordinary. So I put the phone in safe mode and everything worked as it should and did not freeze, I did a factory reset while in safe mode and everything went good. I have not had a problem since but I also have been afraid to restart the phone again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: cornfed

cornfed

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Went in to the store- thankfully the second employee who helped me actually knew how to do a hard reset and that worked. Volume up, home, and power buttons depressed at same time.
At this point I'm pretty sure the Beautiful Widgets wifi and display widgets somehow are responsible- they were the last things I put on there then went to bed.

Phone back to normal. Thanks for all the suggestions. I love this forum.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Overnight my battery went completely dead, which is suspect because I was at 60% when I went to sleep. So when I woke up I plugged it in and charged it for awhile then powered it on. It makes it to the home screen and I have about 10 seconds after that until it just completely freezes up.

The only app I installed last night was Beautiful Widgets (had it on my DX). I was able to uninstall that and still it's frozen. So I've tried to do a factory reset and it makes it all the way to the part where it says "shutting down" on the screen, then several minutes later it just goes back to the lock screen and is frozen. Anyone have any helpful suggestions prior to me taking it to Verizon?? Help.

Just FYI, I have beautiful widgets installed and no lock-ups, so that's probably not the cause.

lions80

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem just. Couple days ago. It turns out it was Not updates to the color app that was causing my problem.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Do you have an sd card installed? A corrupted file/file system can cause rebooting and freezing like you had.

Problems can also occur when a memory card is moved from one device to another without formatting it first, as there may be corrupted or incompatible files on the card that cause the new os to freeze, crash, and reboot/shutdown.

Reactions: cornfed

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have had BW installed from last Monday when I got the phone and haven't had one problem with it. 60% and dead the next morning? I passed out at 9 last night with 32% battery and woke up and it had 9% left. I am completely stock too with 4G. If your battery drains that fast, you have some problems.

cornfed

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you have an sd card installed? A corrupted file/file system can cause rebooting and freezing like you had.

Problems can also occur when a memory card is moved from one device to another without formatting it first, as there may be corrupted or incompatible files on the card that cause the new os to freeze, crash, and reboot/shutdown.

This seemed to work. Thanks!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I agree!

This seemed to work. Thanks!

This is why I love forums!! :)

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Went in to the store- thankfully the second employee who helped me actually knew how to do a hard reset and that worked. Volume up, home, and power buttons depressed at same time.
At this point I'm pretty sure the Beautiful Widgets wifi and display widgets somehow are responsible- they were the last things I put on there then went to bed.

Phone back to normal. Thanks for all the suggestions. I love this forum.

Sheesh all I am able to do is screen captures ....:-[

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital