Sync music folder on external SD Card

simpleone71

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone found a way to sync a folder on the external sd card? I'm rooted, but still no luck since Windows 7 just finds it as a MTP device and you can't map it to a drive letter to it for the my sync programs to use. I bought File Expert to setup an ftp server, but it can't see root folders (only sees the internal phone memory, even though in settings I've given root access). I had read that you could force the device manager to use the usbstor.sys driver instead of MTP driver, but I couldn't get that to work either.

Between lower wi-fi signal, lower 3g strength, I'm starting to doubt my decision and hype of this phone. I still have 7 days, but would like to keep it and know that software updates can fix alot of these issues. Any one have a way to sync folders and only transfer the differences?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
ISyncr syncs my iTunes playlists to the SD card.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I had a problem with my playlist syncing directly to the device memory. It was brought to my attention to... right click the isyncr icon while on your desktop. Then you can select the sd card for storage

S3nt from Galaxy S3

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking for sync solutions (for music, photos, and random files) since I got my Galaxy Note 2, and I think I've finally found one. It's called Cheetah Sync, and it's from the same folks who do iSyncr. You can find it here: Cheetah Sync

The free version only lets you define one sync job (i.e. one computer folder/subfolders to sync to one device folder/subfolders - you can run the sync as many times as you want). When I tried it out last night it seemed to work, so I shelled out for the paid version (I think it was $4 US), which lets you define unlimited jobs. The only possible downside I can see is that it's WiFi, not USB, so it might be slow for really large transfers.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I use FolderSync.
It lets you sync about any storage location on the phone to about any online cloud service like SugarSync or Dropbox, plus FTP or local shared folders.
So for videos or music, I drop it on my desktop, it syncs to my Android device. You can manually sync or auto sync.

Between it and Sugarsync, I only ever you wires for charging.

CDH

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Iuse isyncr ffor music, works great. For copying folders, I use es file explorer. Can easily copy to computer via wifi /lan..

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I use FolderSync.
It lets you sync about any storage location on the phone to about any online cloud service like SugarSync or Dropbox, plus FTP or local shared folders.
So for videos or music, I drop it on my desktop, it syncs to my Android device. You can manually sync or auto sync.

I like the idea of FolderSync's being able to sync to any local shared folder without a desktop client (which Cheetah Sync requires), so I decided to give it a try. It was pretty slow and eventually locked up my phone to the point that I had to pull the battery. Have you run into anything like that?

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Iuse isyncr ffor music, works great. For copying folders, I use es file explorer. Can easily copy to computer via wifi /lan..

I love ES File Explorer for straight copying (and app backups and everything else it does), but it doesn't do syncing. If they'd add sync capability, I'd never use anything else!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance