Which apps did you disable?

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Curious.... I disabled some, but I am not sure about others and weather they may affect other processes I need or like? What apps did you disable or hide?

Disabled:
Amazon Kindle
Verizon Apps
Backup Asst. Plus
Face Unlock
Messaging (I use third party for this stuff)
VZ Navigator

Hidden:
Mobile Hotspot
VCast Tones
Voicemail (I don't want a verizon app where I can select an add on subscription like visual viocemail - I just use dialer or the notifications to get to voicemail)

Also, some do not have disable button, but have uninstall updates button instead... I don't get it???

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings - Application manager - tap the application and its window will have a disable button (some have uninstall updates button instead).

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
You can disable the backup assistant plus? I only could disable the backup assistant.

That is one of the odd ones (lots of inconsistencies, kind of why I posted the op):

I had two listings for backup asst plus, one at 4k size and one 0k size. I could disable the 4k size one and it shows at the bottom as disabled and is not in my app drawer anymore. The other 0k one is still in the application manager list and the disable button is dimmed - can't disable that one - but it has no activity listed and is 0 file size??

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I disabled backup assistant on my wife's phone...but she's still seeing a backup assistant album in her gallery (from before I disabled it) and I can't delete anything out of it.

Maybe I need to re-enable it and delete them.

shana379

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please help me? I disabled one of the 2 backup assistants, with the hopes of stopping all the notifications. But now, I can not back up my contacts at all. In the app manager, there is only one BA now. I can still access BA plus, but I can't do a thing about my contacts. How do I get it back? Hopefully without resetting the device.

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
go to app drawer, menu, hide applications, select the ones.....

After, you can go to same menu and select show hidden to see them and unhide them

Reactions: robrecht

Motoslave

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please help me? I disabled one of the 2 backup assistants, with the hopes of stopping all the notifications. But now, I can not back up my contacts at all. In the app manager, there is only one BA now. I can still access BA plus, but I can't do a thing about my contacts. How do I get it back? Hopefully without resetting the device.

Disabled apps move to the bottom of the list. Check there to enable again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12