Mirror display to VGA?

musicalprogrammer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I have some family road trips coming up and I'd like to be able to stream videos (Netflix, Youtube, etc.) through my device and mirror the display to a laptop via its VGA interface so that multiple people can easily watch together. Is there a single mechanism that would allow me to do this, or would I have to cobble together 2 or more adapters (MHL->HDMI->VGA) to make this work?

The other obvious option would be to just temporarily add hotspot on the days I need it and connect the laptop via WiFi; however, the first choice would be more cost-effective/reusable in the long run if it's possible to pull off.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the above stated. Pda net or foxfi would be good options for free tethering and work very well if you have unlimited data.

Otherwise watch out if you stream with limited data, netflix will xhew through data pretty quickly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Reactions: musicalprogrammer

musicalprogrammer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
does your laptop have vga input? most laptops that i know of have vga output only. i agree with the others that said to use tethering to laptop

Doh, good point! I was only thinking physical interfaces, not considering directional capability. :-[

Thanks all for the tethering suggestions. I do have unlimited data, and one motivation for avoiding options that circumvent the "official" Verizon hotspot offering is that I don't want to do anything that might raise suspicion and jeopardize my plan. However, from reading related posts in this and other forums, it sounds like folks have been using such apps without a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance