12 hours of screen on time

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to see how much screen on time I could get on the stock battery, and was surprised that I could get 12 hours.

Reactions: MERCDROID

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
That is not possible without everything turned off and brightness set to dimmest setting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How'd you do that? Just leave the screen on without doing anything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

There is a "Screen On" app from the play store. you can set which apps you want the screen to not shut off.

That is not possible without everything turned off and brightness set to dimmest setting.

oh but it is, if you know how to do it.

Last edited:

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
You know whats funny is you can charge your phone and the reading will still be the same.... Which is why some peeps are getting these outlandish times. My SIII lasted 12 hours n some change with around 3 hours screen time and when I plugged in the charger I charged it half way but the time never recalculated so AFTER I charged it half way it read 21+ hours when ACTUALLY I got 12hours....so in closing Im really wondering about some peoples claims of these crazy hours being reported.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You know whats funny is you can charge your phone and the reading will still be the same.... Which is why some peeps are getting these outlandish times. My SIII lasted 12 hours n some change with around 3 hours screen time and when I plugged in the charger I charged it half way but the time never recalculated so AFTER I charged it half way it read 21+ hours when ACTUALLY I got 12hours....so in closing Im really wondering about some peoples claims of these crazy hours being reported.

If you plug in the charger, you would get the green line at the bottom of the graph in the second screen shot that I posted for the duration that it was plugged in. If you don't believe me, just try it.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I got about 9 hours on my phone yesterday. I was even traveling 2 hours away from were I currently was. I will have to see what I get in the cities(minneapolis/st. Paul) were I live. I have been up north since Friday.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
When people give cryptic answers like that is screams "my original post is BS".

It is very much possible if you know how to do it. If no one figures it out, I will post tomorrow how i did it, and it will be a way that is reproducible by anyone if so desired to verify my claims.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It is very much possible if you know how to do it. If no one figures it out, I will post tomorrow how i did it, and it will be a way that is reproducible by anyone if so desired to verify my claims.

This is a community for S3 users, why are you acting like a child holding some big secret? Just say what you did

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was testing out "picture frame" mode here is what I did:

-I turned off the radios using the "phone info" app, which is similar to airplane mode.
-Screen brightness to min.
-Turned on all power saving options.
-Used "screen on" app to keep the screen on.
-Used the gallery with a pitch black picture(I didn't want to get screen burn in)
-The radio was turned on just prior to the screen shot so that I could e-mail myself the screen shot.

Reactions: MERCDROID

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Because this makes the phone completely useful?

Next time try doing something where it makes the phone useful in every day life. I'm not trying to be rude but this was a pretty silly test done on your part.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Because this makes the phone completely useful?

Next time try doing something where it makes the phone useful in every day life. I'm not trying to be rude but this was a pretty silly test done on your part.

Ya seems like a useless test as no one would ever do this with their phone... ever.and like I said before to the op that it wasn't possible without everything turned off and brightness at the dimmest setting.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I can believe four or five hours of normal screen time with 15 hours of battery time -- maybe even a little more. But, 12? No so much.

When I tried running my battery down to zero last week I was able to get almost four hours of screen time with 26 hours of battery time. (No charging.) I had the screen set on auto-brightness and the 4g, GPS, and Bluetooth on.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
How do I reset my battery clock to 0? now I'm gonna start doing some real world tests.

Op... Not that you didn't conduct a real test, it's just that I do not know how said information will help me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay