What will use more battery?

oper8or

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Listening to Pandora on my S3 or running Foxfi on my S3 with my Droid X tethered to it listening to Pandora on the X?

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The first question is why?

Without actually testing, I would feel god guessing that the tether is going to kill more battery. Tethering essentially has to run both radios and process the signal for retransmission. Acting as a wifi hotspots has to eat more juice than just playing music.

I would rather kill a man than a snake, it not that I like snakes or hate man, it is more of a sense of proportion.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
tethering would kill the batteries quick. Pandora doesn't use much batteries itself, but the radio does suck quite a bit of batteries, which would happen regardless of whether you listen on the s3 or tether to the droid x. Plus, tethering requires the s3 to transmit a signal which further increases battery drain.

Reactions: oper8or

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Tethering will draw more current. I've done enough of both to know that it will be a decent amount. Make sure to put the s3 on 3g for even more battery saving

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Tethering by FAR. Pandora doesn't even need constant radio usage, it buffers the song then plays it without the radio. Using Foxfi turns on both radios and your wifi radio will use a huge amount of power. I've noticed my range in wifi tethering from my phone to the device I am using it as good as my router itself. I wish there was a way to lower the power usage while tethering.