Who made the switch?

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So after much debate i traded in my gnex for this galaxy s3. Granted its only been a day but holy this thing is a beast. Really solid battery life and just loving how smooth it is. So did anybody else make the switch. After my trade in i only paid like 80 and just not a single complaint. So slick. Well one is that it'll take a little while to get use to how light this thing is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jacob2kd

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So after much debate i traded in my gnex for this galaxy s3. Granted its only been a day but holy this thing is a beast. Really solid battery life and just loving how smooth it is. So did anybody else make the switch. After my trade in i only paid like 80 and just not a single complaint. So slick. Well one is that it'll take a little while to get use to how light this thing is.

i as well came from a Gnex to the GS3 got mine on Friday jury 14th.well Worth the $649.99

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Came from TBolt. Love it. I was scared it was going to be too big, but its not. At all. Got my wife one too so we can take advantage of SBeam, etc. Love coming here and learning little things from this forum too. And for some reason my free hotspot that I got with my TBolt that for some reason didn't go away after that promo ended carried over onto this phone too so I'm twice as happy! Woohoo!

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I did too. On paper there shouldn't be that much of a difference between the phones but there really is! I was quite surprised. I'm getting tremendously better battery life without changing any settings and I love the screen and speed. Also like how light it is!

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I still have my Gnex to play around with but the S3 is a solid device. I would recommend the S3 over the GNex for a normal everyday user. If and/or when the boot loader gets unlocked, that will get the FTW in my book.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I still have my Gnex to play around with but the S3 is a solid device. I would recommend the S3 over the GNex for a normal everyday user. If and/or when the boot loader gets unlocked, that will get the FTW in my book.

Same thing

Keeping both devices but I slightly favor the nexus with jellybean

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

nmbr6ruls

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My nexus was a dud on 4G and the battery life atrocious. The Slll kicks ass. Put the nexus on my second line. Gonna have to warranty it. Perhaps Verizon can send me another Slll for a replacement?

sayheysarah

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Switched from an iphone 4s, oh I missed android. I loved the customization and widgets! I was torn between this phone and the gnex but I wanted the camera.

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I switched from my 8 day old gnex (made in China) to a 32gb s3. I went from 16 signal drops before lunch to no drops over several days.

I couldn't be happier

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My GNex is now my "beach" phone lol. Really happy with the GS3, especially the battery life.

Now that I have killed the wifi popup notification and the wifi nag notification, and put the wifi toggle back along with all the others, it's just about perfect.

Mooch10

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC Thunderbolt, over all it's been an ok phone but never lived up to all the hype. The battery life still sucks and I can't wait to off-load it. I am actually on the fence right now on what phone I want. I finally was able to hold the GS3 and love it. I just don't want to make a mistake with the iPhone5 coming out and it possibly being a better all around phone.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC Thunderbolt, over all it's been an ok phone but never lived up to all the hype. The battery life still sucks and I can't wait to off-load it. I am actually on the fence right now on what phone I want. I finally was able to hold the GS3 and love it. I just don't want to make a mistake with the iPhone5 coming out and it possibly being a better all around phone.

As someone that has an iPhone 4S now and a big fan of the iPhone, even with iOS 6 the iPhone 5 will still be behind the SGS III. Especially if the rumored taller 4S lookalike ends up being iPhone 5. It will be a couple of years behind the SGS III at launch.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
As someone that has an iPhone 4S now and a big fan of the iPhone, even with iOS 6 the iPhone 5 will still be behind the SGS III. Especially if the rumored taller 4S lookalike ends up being iPhone 5. It will be a couple of years behind the SGS III at launch.

I don't know if it'll be a couple years behind the SGSIII at launch, but you can rest assured that it won't have the options that the SGSIII has. I'm still struggling with the decision right now. Lose the 4S for the SGSIII or hang on to the 4S until the 5 comes out. I love iOS and Android and kind of like my 4S/Nexus 7 set up right now. But everytime I play with the Nexus 7 I think I really would like an Android phone, too.

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
switched from a Thunderbolt to an iPhone 4 to GS3. Loved my iPhone when I first switched over but now, my GS3 beats them all! Loveee the huge screen and missed the freedom I had with a droid. Still miss my apps from apple but it's a price I'm willing to pay for this awesome phone! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae