Convince me on why to get gs3 over the iphone 5

packermaniac04

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My first and only smartphone was the DROID x which I loved. I have been reading rumors and specs on the gs3 since March. I have always thought I would end up with the phone. Recently I have been reading a lot on the iphone 5. I understand that these answers will be incredibly biased but assuming all the rumors of the iphone 5 are true, why should I get the gs3? Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Until the iPhone 5 actually comes out rumors are only rumors. If you want to base your decisions on rumors then enjoy yourself. I prefer hard facts.
And quite honestly I know there are people that want and enjoy iPhones. I don't happen to agree with them but I never try to convince them to go to Android instead (although I do strongly tell them that I don't agree with them). I'm not taking the blame if they base their decision on my advice and then they decide they don't like what they've done. Nope. No way. ;)

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
My first and only smartphone was the DROID x which I loved. I have been reading rumors and specs on the gs3 since March. I have always thought I would end up with the phone. Recently I have been reading a lot on the iphone 5. I understand that these answers will be incredibly biased but assuming all the rumors of the iphone 5 are true, why should I get the gs3? Thanks!

You should get an iPhone5 if you need people to convince you of cell phone purchase decisions.

It's a simpler kind of phone for a simpler kind of mind.

Shiftastic

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You should get an iPhone5 if you need people to convince you of cell phone purchase decisions.

It's a simpler kind of phone for a simpler kind of mind.

+1

If you even put the iphone into your list of phones your thinking of purchasing then I'm guessing your not using your android like most people in these threads. If you want smartphone go with android, if you want a toy go with iphone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: andross77

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
1. the iphone 5 is supposed to be just a stretched iphone 4. 2. if something happens do not have to run to an apple store to get it fixed. 3. customization out of the box with android( i had a 4s didnt like the grid of icons) Also a lot more apps are free on android that cost $ on IOS.

packermaniac04

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd get an opinion on why or why not you believe the gs3 is better than the iphone from people who know more than me. Guess I misunderstood this whole forum thing. If you hate these types of questions don't respond. You don't have to be a dick.

Reactions: rharv3#AC

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
By the time the next Iphone comes out, it will already be outdated. I have been open to switching to IOS, but every time the next device comes out it is already outdated. That was up until this year. Now due to all of the ridiculous lawsuits, Apple has turned me away from buying anymore of their products. I do love my Ipod classic though. So I guess that means go GSIII.

Reactions: robotaholic

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
well to put a fine point on it, asking someone to compare something they have to rumors of something that is supposedly coming is kinda an unsmart question. Perhaps waiting till its arrival and the final wave of lawsuits aiming to stifle the competetion are settled is your best course of action.

Shiftastic

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd get an opinion on why or why not you believe the gs3 is better than the iphone from people who know more than me. Guess I misunderstood this whole forum thing. If you hate these types of questions don't respond. You don't have to be a dick.

Well don't say "convince me" then, ask for our opinions.

If you thinking about the iPhone 5 then think about the other phones that might be announced around then as well not a phone that's already out. Possibly a new nexus, note 2. Who knows but by the time the iPhone 5 is out a newer better android will be out as well.

If you want a new phone now of course get the S3 or Gnex. If you don't mind waiting then wait and see what else is coming out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Thaxted

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I honestly don't know why everyone's turned into jerks here every time someone asks a question about the iPhone. Ignore them. Wish the mods would crack down, as the forum is becoming pretty hostile all around.

Right now nothing is definitive about the iPhone 5 . If you want to go by rumors, the major ones are a bigger screen (although still small compared to the top Android models) and it'll finally be 4g. Oh....and it looks like it'll be lacking NFC, which is odd. But none of that is concrete.

What is mostly concrete though is the operating system that will be on it,: iOS 6. Which IMO is severely lacking compared with ICS, and even moreso to Jelly Bean. You can do your own feature comparison, but you'll find pretty much everything in iOS 6 has been on Android for a couple of iterations already. Yeah I'm sure there are some exceptions, but about 90% of it seems to be trying to catch up to Android features from 2010.

I honestly couldn't tell you why you'd pick an iPhone at this point. The operating system makes the phone IMO, so I personally don't care how good the hardware is since I already know what the software is like.

But only you can make that decision and decide if the phone and Android right now this very instant is worth it compared to waiting for the unknown iPhone 5 hardware with the known iOS 6 software.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Android users demand the latest, greatest hardware. By Apple relying on others to supply parts and manufacture their phones, they're always going to be" behind the curve". Hence the 1 phone per year. Samsung and HTC are pretty much turning out phones on the fly. The only way to keep up is these crazy lawsuits.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Convince yourself. Wait till iphone comes out and try them both out. Or if cash isn't a big deal but the gs3 now and try iphone later. It's hard to try to convince someone to buy a device that available now vs one that will be out in a couple months. It's up to you. Either you wait or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: MERCDROID