Lost my S3, Asurion on backorder

sunnysmooth

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Long story short... I lost my brand spanking new Galaxy SIII at a restaurant. It must have fell out of my pocket at the booth we were sitting. When I got home, I thought it was in the car and I searched every where to no avail. I drove back to the restaurant and obviously no one turned it in. Yes I felt like stabbing a fork into my eye! :'(

So I filed a claim with Asurion. I sent them the signed affidavit/copy of driver's license, and was told that the phone is on a backorder. They have no clue when it will be available and to just wait.

I understand that this is my fault and I take full responsibility but shouldn't Asurion have these phones in stock if they are to be covered by insurance? Anyone have any similar issues with Asurion?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Probably had a decent stock but people scratching the screens and dropping them in the first week depleted stocks. People just a few days ago were getting timely replacements.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

enera

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine was stolen on Saturday (got it on Thurs). Asurion paperwork was completed Saturday night. Also on backorder. I'm really hoping for a short wait period and a new phone, not refurb.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Backordered already... wow how many ppl don't know how to treasure a device like this... :cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Strange that they would be backordered already when verizon has plenty of stock. Called verizon on sunday to replace mine under the 14 day worry free guarantee and it was shipped out today. I asked the tech to check the corporate stores to see which one had it in stock as I was thinking about just doing a walk-in exchange. She said all the warehouses were showing plenty of stock so all the stores should have them.

enera

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Update: After being unable to get anyone at Asurion on the phone I went into a store to see what they could do for me. They were able to get me on the phone with an Asurion rep. The backorder is because they never had them in stock to begin with. They have no idea when the blue will be available,but the rep thought it shouldn't be longer than the end of the week. They were able to get me the white version. It's being shipped tomorrow and should be here by Wed. So, as of about 20 min ago, you can get the 16gb white version right away. I had a nightmare situation getting my phone in the first place, so I decided that I don't really care what color it is anyway. Also, should your phone be recovered, you have seven days to return the replacement phone and get your deductible back.

Hope the info helps.

Reactions: sunnysmooth

aaCharley

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
There is an app named Android Lost which can be installed on the lost phone, after the loss. Free and can be configured through the interweb. Takes pictures, recordes voices and sends you text with GPS location. Also it can be configured as a hidden app. I'm using it on a DroidX, not too sure about the GS III.

sunnysmooth

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the post Enera. I will definitely go to the store today and see what they can do. I just got a call from Asurion right now and I got all excited thinking the phone was in stock but it was just a reminder to let me know that the phone is on back order. :confused:

Anyways I will definitely update this thread with anything further...

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the post Enera. I will definitely go to the store today and see what they can do. I just got a call from Asurion right now and I got all excited thinking the phone was in stock but it was just a reminder to let me know that the phone is on back order. :confused:

Anyways I will definitely update this thread with anything further...

Any update sunny?

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Update: After being unable to get anyone at Asurion on the phone I went into a store to see what they could do for me. They were able to get me on the phone with an Asurion rep. The backorder is because they never had them in stock to begin with. They have no idea when the blue will be available,but the rep thought it shouldn't be longer than the end of the week. They were able to get me the white version. It's being shipped tomorrow and should be here by Wed. So, as of about 20 min ago, you can get the 16gb white version right away. I had a nightmare situation getting my phone in the first place, so I decided that I don't really care what color it is anyway. Also, should your phone be recovered, you have seven days to return the replacement phone and get your deductible back.

Hope the info helps.
What happens if you recover your phone after 7 days, you keep both?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Remember guys if you have yours phone insured by Asurion they have an app called mobile recovery that lets you track your phone via Gps or remote wipe your info .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

There are other apps that do that as well.

sunnysmooth

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok finally I have an update.

So for a week I kept checking for an update on their phoneclaim website and nothing but the standard your phone is on back order status. I complained to Verizon and they couldn't do anything either. Bottom line, I had to wait.

Yesterday I had some free time so I called Asurion customer service and started complaining that this phone has been on back order for a week and that I need to talk to someone that would at least know when the shipment was coming in. She transferred me to a manager whom was able to find a comparable phone which was the white Siii. Apparently they just got a shipment in of the white ones. I was disappointed it wasn't the blue that I had before but I accepted it because she also said she doesn't know when the blue ones will come in. So I paid them the deductible and today I received a brand new White SIII.:cool:

I was beyond relieved that I received a brand new one but I couldn't activate it right away because Ausrion had forgot to send me the 4g sim card since my phone was lost. I ended up having to wait over an hour at a Verizon store today for them to give me one and to also activate my phone. One good thing was that Asurion gives you a car charger, belt clip case, and corded hands free microphone.

Performance wise, this white version doesn't seem as fast as the blue one I had. I am wondering if the 'update' sticker on the front of the box had anything to do with it? Connecting to the Wifi is slow, lower speedtest scores when on 4g and it keeps dropping in certain areas which didn't before. I am hoping there aren't any problems because dealing with Asurion was a pain.

fascinatej

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wait if your phone is lost it's covered, I thought it only covered damage. I actually left mine in the shoe dept in the mall. Luckily the sales clerk found it. Big scare. I guess I should really look over my insurance and what's covered.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835