Issues with Handcent SMS on my New Galaxy S

Realestatepro

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I recently downloaded Handcent SMS for my Samsung Galaxy SIII in order to correct the stupid group messaging issue on this phone... however im noticing that the Handcent application is having some other issues as well and im wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if so, if anyone has maybe found a way to resolve these issues...

First issue im having is that even though i set handcent to be the default messaging app im noticing that on occasion i will still get a message on the stock application... also when i sent out a Vcard earlier today (contact) via text message it sent it from the stock sms application rather than handcent... any idea why it is doing this?

Second issue im having is that none of my contacts pictures are appearing on the Handcent app... i mean if i go into the stock app they are their however the Handcent app just shows a grey box next to the contact rather then their Avatar/Picture... ive tried to see if their was an option to enable them to sync, but i cant seem to find anything in regards to that... and i looked under social network and the only option given is checked off...

Third problem is with the group messaging when i sent a message earlier for some reason it ended up creating 2 groups and the messages weren't coming in order at times.. which was very odd... anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

MM1983

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i am not getting the 1st problem you are having. but i do have the no contact pictures problem. i actually think i read that it maybe an issue with ICS and Handcent....but i could be wrong. i emailed them about the issue last week but they never got back to me on it.

i've had your 3rd issue too. not really sure whats up with that.

i've also had it force close a lot when it auto rotates when holding the phone horizontally.....

oh - and i use the security on the app...and you have the option to secure just handcent or both handcent and stock app...however when i go into stock app, it doesnt have the security. ....

so it looks like the def need to do some updating to make it compatible with our device.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
not that this helps you, but I am having g zero problems running hancent. I will say though that the transition from the main list of thread to a individual or thread is a little slow. Otherwise it's running just as good as my last phone.

KenA

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you disabled stock message app?
Settings - application manager - all apps - select stock messaging app - disable

brit5467

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Think I got upgrade yesterday and since then, hand cent has done several force closes....so many that I uninstalled it. And unless I'm doing something wrong, once I reinstalled it, now I can't get my settings like they were before (might just be me having a duhhhh moment).

Plus, dunno what's its called...maybe a pop up window....but now when I get a text.... it shows up immediately in this pop up when I open my phone, instead of letting me decide if I want to go to my texts and read it there...(does that make sense?) Again, probably a setting I can't find that would get rid of it....duhhh.

Oh... I have the G2.

Realestatepro

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Yea I get that pop-up too. Believe it's the "quick reply " window which I can be disabled in settings...I tried uninstalling and re-installing... Since then m not really having many issues said from the act that I still can't get all the photos to sync over...I mean the show up in the contacts the jus don't show up in the handcent app which is very annoying... Has anyone figured ou a fix for the picture issue?

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
There is a privacy setting but I don't use it but have seen it when going through the settings!
I still have no issues with handcent even after the update last week!

Realestatepro

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find any privacy settings that would restrict the contact picture / avatar transferring over...this sucks...kinda irritates me seeing an empty grey box :(

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking about using Handcent today because it drives me nuts that everytime I get a SMS, my screen turns on for a few seconds and I read that with Handcent it does not.... The reason I have not been using it was the contact thing... I found this link today on the Handcent site.
Handcent

DPatt71

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy S3 and I'm having the same problem(s). Very frustrating. I can't even figure out how to add a contact icon for -myself-. I am also trying to disable the preview pop up on my notification screen and cannot seem to figure how disable the 'quick reply'. I don't even see the where it is in the Handcent settings. Help! Can I also just add that the new Android emoticons are garbage. Venting complete. I do love the phone and will even more when I get these bugs fixed.

In response to post: Yea I get that pop-up too. Believe it's the "quick reply " window which I can be disabled in settings...I tried uninstalling and re-installing... Since then m not really having many issues said from the act that I still can't get all the photos to sync over...I mean the show up in the contacts the jus don't show up in the handcent app which is very annoying... Has anyone figured ou a fix for the picture issue?

Becky_920

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Download the app called friendsync. Go to account settings > add account> add friendsync. Click the friendsync > settings > sync all contacts.

MMBrown62

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
When I receive a text, I get a pop up and the pop up window shakes around and it takes a while to do anything. Has anyone had that happen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance