Screen Jitter/Shake When Playing Video Taken by Camera!

mehrankimi

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been heavily using my S3 to capture videos since I have been on vacation pretty much the same day I got it from VZW.

When I watch the videos that I recorded on a PC, I see this annoying screen jitter/shake :'(

You can see the sample on YouTube here: GS3 Screen Jitter/Shake

I have tried the anti-shake setting on and off. No difference. I have tried 1080p and 720p. Both have the same issues.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue? What's the solution?

Paul79UF

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my new S3.

It's a lot better with the anti-shake feature turned off, but I feel like my S2 shot smoother video.

Sadly, my S2 drowned in my friend's pool.

I love the S3, but I do miss the soft touch Home button.

Do you think Samsung will have a software fix for it?

I'd hate to have to exchange the phone and start setting up all over again.

franky311

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I found that if I record the video to a low class microsd card it has the stutter. Saving to a class 10 card caused a minor stutter hardly noticeable to others. If I save to the internal memory it plays back smooth. I believe its the write speed of the media being written too. HD video has a very large file size per second. So it has to write a lot of data at once per second to maintain the frame rate. There is a software issue that effects the playback also. It gets a bit technical. Sorry if I didn't explain it clearly.

This thread that has a lot of other reasons that can help you determine the issue.
video recording stutter in 720p and 1080p ,why ? [Archive] - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm