I think the blurry photo problem is software, not hardware

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
As I mentioned, I took over 100 photos, every single one looks this same. Again, the lens was crystal clear, and I'm pretty sure out of dozens of photos, I would have one where I wasn't "shaking".
Also, I have 2 S3's, both produce the same quality of shots, I just never really noticed it was this bad until we was comparing images the other night.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
As I mentioned, I took over 100 photos, every single one looks this same. Again, the lens was crystal clear, and I'm pretty sure out of dozens of photos, I would have one where I wasn't "shaking".
Also, I have 2 S3's, both produce the same quality of shots, I just never really noticed it was this bad until we was comparing images the other night.
Well if you have 2 S3's and and they both take pictures blurry like no matter what is in the picture then you have 2 defective devices. Unless your hand is moving at least the grass and tree's should be in focus. Your picture definitley does not represent this camera. My money is still on user error because getting 2 devices with bad camera's in the same household are slim to none...

And I also owned an S2. I think the S2 was slightly better at times but took much longer take the picture and because of this was more forgiving if your hand shook.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I will be talking to my local techs at the Sprint store to see if they can come up with anything more helpful. Samsung rushed the hardware out the door before enough extensive testing could have been done, instead expecting the user community to "crowd-source" more extensive testing (at a hidden cost to the consumer and savings to the manufacturer). I have found other bugs in my S3 that I will be bringing to the attention of Sprint and Samsung.
You do not really think a Sprint tech is going to know anything about the camera and taking pictures do you? They barely know how to sell phones and the features that each phone offers.

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Your claims as "user error" is about as bad as claiming the lens is dirty in my opinion. Explain to me why I don't get fuzzy, washed out photos when I'm using the S2, Note or GNex then.
Also, the chances of me having two defective units is pretty slim as well.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Your claims as "user error" is about as bad as claiming the lens is dirty in my opinion. Explain to me why I don't get fuzzy, washed out photos when I'm using the S2, Note or GNex then.
Also, the chances of me having two defective units is pretty slim as well.
I take a ton of pictures every day. Unless you picked out the worse picture you took all day and are claiming all your pictures look like this just to make is seem worse then there is something wrong with your phone. Do you really think all the S3 users would not be causing a storm if all our pictures looked like yours on the reg. Go look through an S3 picture thread. If your pictures don't match what everyone else's looks like it is either user error or 2 bad devices. It can be you have bad devices but the odds are just against that but anything is possible.

I also had a GNEX and the S3 takes better pictures then it, especially in lower lit conditions. In bright natural sunlight I would say they were pretty on par.

I am not trying to argue with you but actually trying to help based on the picture you posted saying that was normal of what your pictures look like. Can you take a picture of a plant or something still and post it here. Let's see that and maybe it will give us a better idea.

Just look at the grass in your picture. Do you think that looks normal to you?

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't *start* this thread, just posted the experience I'm having...
I took some more photos last night and compared then against the S2 and Note and my results where better, however-

It was low-light conditions (some were even no-light, just flash) and the S3 and Note took perfect shots the S2's where nice but not the details of there others. I believe this is because of shutter speed, it took a second to capture the image using the flash opposed to daytime shots that are "instant".
The colors in the S2's examples where sometimes brighter/truer, but without a side by side I don't think anyone would notice.
For example I took a photo of a Mt. Dew can sitting on the railing on my front porch. No light just flash, the S2 resulted in true colors, and you could even see the grain of the wooden rails and lattice.
The S3's image was a little off, the green can was slightly washed out, maybe even a little "yellow" (maybe the flashes fault), and you couldn't make out the details of the wood at all, it was like it was just out of focus.
Then I came in and took some shots of some Lego Minifigs, no macro shots just default settings. Lightning was just the overhead lamp and flash, the S3 couldn't take a bad shot, and compared to the S2 images they looked world's apart.

So I believe the problem is with the shutter speed (in my case anyways), I tried HDR mode but for every 1 photo I took it saved 2 (of the same picture) to the gallery.. I'm going to take some more today while the suns still up and see if they are any better, just still kind of bummed all my kids Halloween pics looks like crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech